Chapter 60 - Loyal

Kohaku's room was bigger than I expected it to be, and cleaner too. The space was so well organized, I didn't think I would find any dirt to exploit him, but luck was on my side. His biggest weakness revealed itself to me over the last few days, at all hours of the night. I contemplated confronting Kohaku about it many times, especially since Khaleel was taking too long to recruit him. I gave him one job, and all of that was because I knew Kohaku had a soft spot for the school delinquent. He was willing to do more for Khaleel than his own flesh and blood, and that should have been my first hint.

I sat at his computer desk and spun in the chair. I thought about Tomasia and Zander, and how Ms. Findlay managed to destroy them in a single afternoon. It was impressive. I could admit to that but I wondered if she had lost her mind at some point? Were my warnings not clear enough? Did I have to do more to remind her not to fuck with me or my sister? It couldn't be helped. I wish I could see the look on her face when she lost everything she cared about. Her job. Her fiancé. Her credibility. I was ready to strip her of everything.

"Who the hell let you in here?" Kohaku asked, coming to stand in the doorframe. "Get out of my room, you prick."

"Straight to name calling," I sighed, crossing my arms. "You should come inside and close the door behind you, Kohaku."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because we need to talk, privately."

There was a short pause. I stared at the stubborn fool until he caved to my demands. I never really tried to understand why Kohaku disliked me so much. Honestly, it never mattered to me, but now I needed his help. I couldn't count on anyone else to recruit him. So, once again, I had to take measures into my hands.

"What is it about me that you dislike so much?" I asked.

"The list is long and time consuming," Kohaku replied. "I'm giving you five minutes to talk, so get to it, asshole."

I blinked indifferently. "I need you to hack into the Jackheights' administrative site, and I need you to do it today."

"No," Kohaku replied.

I nodded, not surprised by his answer. "Then, can I go ahead and tell Khaleel that you have wet dreams about him?"

My words sucked the life out of him, and made his face burn with colour. He didn't speak but I could see him clenching his fists angrily. Was it that easy? Could I manipulate a bull without having to grab it by the horns?

"What kind of trash are you spouting?" Kohaku asked, his cheeks still cherry red.

I had to play all my cards right before I trapped the wild beast. I took out my phone and scrolled through my albums to find the right video. "Here it is," I said, showcasing my last recording. The footage was dark but it revealed Hino's brother erotically calling out Khaleel's name in his sleep and telling him to 'fucking stop'.

Kohaku staggered back against the door. "Y-You fucking creep!" he accused. "W-When did you—?"

"Is that really the problem right now?" I interrupted. "Will you hack into the Jackheights admin site for me, or should I send this video to Khaleel and Hino?"

"Y-You fucking devil incarnate."

"Does your brother know that you're gay by the way?" I asked, smiling brightly.

"Of course he does!" Kohaku spat.

I couldn't detect any lies.

"Does he know you're in love with one of his best friends?" I proved.

"Of course he doesn't!"

"Interesting," I commented. "So, what should I do now? Tell Khaleel he's got a secret admirer?"

"I don't like Khaleel," Kohaku glared.

My eyes widened. Again, no lies were detected. Was he really telling the truth? "You don't like Khaleel?" I repeated. "But in the video you seemed to really enjoy—"

"I said no, asshole. Didn't I?"

"Is it Zander?"

"Get out of my room before I pound your face in," Kohaku said, keeping his distance.

I got up and filled in the gap. He was taller than me, but that didn't really mean anything at the moment. He was looking vulnerable and embarrassed. It didn't matter if he was gay or not. I just wanted him to do my bidding, but I needed to lure out his fears a little more, so I could use them to my advantage.

"Does Narumi know?" I asked, referring to his mother. That seemed to get a reaction out of him. "I would hate to think what would happen if she found out."

His fist came to strike the side of my head fast and hard. It was too late to dodge it. Too late to block.