Chapter 34 - Arisa

My body felt numb when my eyes finally opened. Khaleel had me pulled into his chest, one arm around my neck and shoulder, while the other was placed on my thigh under the covers. I knew if I moved even an inch, I would wake him up, so I stayed still, and allowed my thoughts to wander freely. Last night was fun. A little unexpected but definitely fun. I didn't have any regrets. The moment felt right and Khaleel was so caring and sweet throughout the whole experience. I considered myself really lucky.

When mom decided to have the 'sex-talk' with me, she didn't hold back, and said her first time was absolute garbage. The guy pressured her into doing things she didn't want to, and by the end of it, she was in tears from the stress. I think she passed those fears onto me a little bit.

I never allowed things to get too physical with my first boyfriend, Wade. I was scared of ending up in the same situation as mom. There was a moment with Loyal where I felt ready to do it. If mom hadn't called and disrupted it, I might have gone all the way for all the wrong reasons. I was vulnerable at the time and recovering from a kidnapping. Clinging onto a boy who I had met a few days prior, who was just as vulnerable wouldn't have been right.

Khaleel's phone chimed.

"Uuuugggh," he grumbled, tightening his hold on me. I felt the fabric of his boxers when his big leg wrapped around my tiny calf. He was a cuddly sleeper and I wasn't mad about it.

Wait a minute!

When did he get up to put on his underwear? My parts were all exposed while his were properly covered. It wasn't fair! Not fair at all! Where was my underwear? I knew Khaleel tossed them when he was undressing me but in which direction?.

My heart skipped a beat.

Oh, god. I couldn't even bring myself to remember all the embarrassing things that happened last night. All the sweet nothings he spoke in my ear. His dominance nearly sucked the wind out of me. I glared at Khaleel's peaceful face, my cheeks redder than ever. My embarrassment quickly faded when he moved in, eyes closed, and briefly kissed my forehead. It was like he could hear my thoughts loud and clear.

Then he fell back asleep.

I took the opportunity to reach for his phone on the nightstand. I was sure Khaleel wouldn't mind if I checked his messages. I read the time first. It was a little after eight thirty. Any other Monday and I would be panicking about being late for school. Thank goodness for long weekend holidays.

My eyes flashed down to the message.

It was from Loyal.

Perfect.

This was just what I needed. My ex-boyfriend texting my new—no, no. Khaleel and I agreed not to label our relationship. I couldn't go around introducing him to people as my new boyfriend. Could I? Of course not! Especially if that person was Loyal. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I couldn't even imagine the look on his face when he found out we slept together. It would break him. I didn't want that.

I couldn't read the message because Khaleel's preview settings were set to private. It was such a tease. Well aware of how fragile my ex-boyfriend's life was at the moment, I decided to shift my body, and encouraged Khaleel to wake up. The message could be urgent. Loyal could be in trouble. I couldn't risk five more minutes of bliss with Khaleel if it meant putting his friend on hold.

The phone chimed again with a couple more messages from the human lie detector.

Khaleel grumbled loudly, before pushing himself up on the bed and hovering over my body. His eyes were groggy and his bed head was a force to be reckoned with but I still found him attractive. "Just throw it out," he said, staring down at me. I watched his eyes linger to my exposed breasts. "Break it if you have too, I don't fucking care."

"Don't be ridiculous," I replied, turning around to hide my chest. My face burned against the pillow covers and my body tensed up. I felt Khaleel drop on my back. His touch was warm and soothing. I felt him retrieve his phone from my hands. Then I heard him unlock it. There was a few seconds of silence which I assumed were filled with him reading the messages. Khaleel tossed the device back on the nightstand and snuggled behind me. I guess the texts weren't as urgent as I thought.

Khaleel took my hands in his and intertwined our fingers. He leaned into my ear and whispered, "This position feels familiar."

"Khaleel!" I screamed into pillow.

His laugh was loud and thunderous. I couldn't help but crack a smile. He was such a pervert! Honestly, I didn't know what to do with him! How could he say embarrassing stuff like that one second and howl like a hyena the next? I guess he wouldn't be Khaleel if he didn't make dirty jokes and pull one-liners from time to time.

"Am I heavy?" the idiot asked, after he simmered down.

"Yes," I lied, butterflies swarming in my stomach.

He nuzzled into my neck and kissed it. "Well, that's too bad Hoffman."