⚠️m.i.a - btsxjjk

hey guys ! i owe you all an apology.
so, this is the longest i've ever gone without updating - and i'm so so sorry.
i've gone through the longest and hardest depressive episode of my life, and it really just tore me apart. i fell into a slump and couldn't get out of bed, i wasn't even going to school.
to make up for this - please enjoy my longest update to date ! i went back to my roots a little for this so i hope you enjoy, i love you all so much and thank you so much for sticking around. enjoy the update !! -EJ✨

x

jungkook pov :

i cannot be in this house anymore.

don't get me wrong, i love my hyungs more than anything - but i'm letting them down every second of every day.

they all think i'm some golden child - a prodigy. for some reason they're under the impression that i'm an ace at everything, weather it be math, science, korean literature or social studies - i'll be great at them all, because i'm jungkook, right?

well, not exactly. i'm not stupid or lazy - of course not. i always do my best and push myself, everyone knows that. so why don't i get the results? i've never understood math, i still have to count up on my fingers. i'm good at literature but i'm a really slow reader so i'm often behind or don't finish my tests in time. science just seems to go straight over my head. "academic" subjects really aren't my thing, no matter how hard i try. i know i'll always be good at PE, music and art - and my english is pretty good. but it feels like i'm at my knowledge capacity, and i can't learn any more.

final exams are next month, and if i don't get at least get a pass in every single one, i'm not allowed to travel to america with the rest of the group in june, it's a stupid rule set my the company and it's possibly the worst punishment i've ever been threatened with. you'd think it would knock some sense into me, but it's just causing me to be more unfocused. my grades are slipping further - and my dreams of preforming on american tv are fading away. the hyungs all said they don't want to go without me, but i couldn't be the one that cancels the trip for everyone - i'd rather sit alone in the dorm for a month.

"jungkook!"

my head snaps up as the chemistry teacher yells at me. fuck, i zoned out again. where were we? uh... i don't know. the boy next to me is on page 67... carboxlic acids? maybe i was off when we covered this ... shit.

another half an hour passes. the end of the day is nearing, and i'm going to have to face my hyungs again. i cannot bare the thought of telling them that i'm failing. i know they are all lovely people who i trust with my life, but none of them know what it's like to be struggling like this. all of them breezed through school and they've long since graduated. i'm the only one who's still in this hell hole and of course i'm also the only one who doesn't know a thing about studying or passing. it's not fair. do i really need school? when will i need trigonometry in an idol life? if namjoon heard me talking like this, he'd scoff. i wish i was intelligent like him, or yoongi. instead i'm just the airhead idol who doesn't know his left from right. the loud ringing of the bell startles me, as it signifies another day of school i've wasted.

3rd person pov

jin's car was parked in the usual spot when jungkook ran out in the pouring rain, he jumped in the passengers seat and eyed jin's smiling face. in the cup holder, jungkook's favourite drink and in the back seat - his dance bag.

"hey kook, how was school?" he asked, starting the car as jungkook pulled his seatbelt into the buckle. he responded with a hum, acknowledging his question but not being able to give a verbal answer. luckily jin accepted it and they drove off down the narrow seoul backroads.