b.i.g - jinkook

hello, this is just a fluffy little jinkook fic because i love them 🥺

-negative body image and self consciousness

this one is very short as i am currently in a short spell of writers block.

as well as that, a few nights ago i received some really upsetting news.

my dog, who i love with my whole heart was diagnosed with cancer. she is old and starting treatment would be cruel, she doesn't have long left and i want to give her the best last few weeks ever.

i hope you all understand if i update less frequently, i promise it's nothing to do with the book or the readers - i just want more time with her.

this is my baby girl, wish her all the best 💜

whist i was away i hit 85k i think? thank you so much 🥺🥺

✅ also !! coming soon i have a huge announcement so stay tuned !! ✅

thanks for all the love - EJ💜

x

"god, finally." jin sighed, laying down in bed. all seven members had just endured a twelve hour practice, leaving them all half asleep upon entering their dorms.

jin looked up at jungkook, who was standing shirtless in the mirror. jin chuckled and reached out to his boyfriend. "c'mere and cuddle me. i'm tired." he yawned, jungkook slowly climbed in the bed - however he never made a sound.

jin spooned jungkook and kissed the back of his neck. although the older was tired, he could sense that something was up with jungkook. the maknae hadn't been himself for a few days and jin couldn't take it any longer.

"you alright baby?" jin asked gently, the younger never responded and jin pouted.

"kookie, tell hyung what's wrong." he said. jungkook sighed and just stated "i haven't been sleeping well."

jin nodded and allowed his hand to travel down to jungkook's exposed tummy. he gently rubbed the toned skin and jungkook visibly relaxed.

"remember when you were only fifteen, and you used to come into my bed every single night. you couldn't sleep unless i rubbed your tummy - you were so cute. the other members used to get jealous because you never cuddled them." he chuckled.

"my hands have always worked like magic hmm? you used to be so tiny. now when i rub your tummy it's like i'm stroking a cheese grater."

jin giggled at his own joke, usually jungkook would react to his boyfriend's jokes too - but today he just stiffened and squeezed his eyes shut.

jin took notice of his discomfort and kissed his neck gently. "what's the real problem kookie? i can always tell when you're lying."

suddenly jungkook stood up and looked into their mirror once more. jin looked visibly confused but the younger looked close to tears.

"look at me. i'm huge." he whimpered.

jin tilted his head and made a confused sound. "i don't understand, honey."

"i've gotten so big hyungie. my arms are huge and my abs are like rocks. my thighs could be tree trunks and i'm almost five foot eleven! i'm e-enormous!" he stressed, tears slipping out his doe eyes.

jin cooed and pulled jungkook on top of him, the younger panicked and went to pull himself off "stop, i'm gonna crush you." he cried, jin just pulled him closer and shushed him gently.

"is this about earlier?" he asked, jungkook nodded weakly and jin smiled sadly.

earlier on, the staff members told them it would be funny if hoseok and jin attempted to lift the maknae up. hoseok went first and was unable to lift jungkook in the slightest, before jin trying and only being able to hold his boyfriend up for a mere few seconds before dropping him back on the leather couch. the rest of the members thought it was hilarious, but jungkook was horrified that two of his strongest hyungs couldn't even lift him a little.

jungkook had been feeling off for a few weeks and honestly, that was the final straw.

"baby boy, you're healthy. you're just really muscular hmm?" he soothed, jungkook whined again.

"no, i know that - but i hate the way it all looks." he huffed, jin looked shocked. "what do you mean?"

"i mean that i hate all of this. i started properly exercising a few years ago because i was in a bad place and i knew it would make me feel better. the company saw my abs and went mad - they made them the centre of the fake love choreo! after that i knew i had to keep them to please fans, but it went too far.

exercise because an addiction - even though i hated the results i couldn't stop. it spiralled out of control and now look at me! b-but i can't go back. everyone loves the muscles. everyone apart from me."he sniffed, jin cupped his cheeks and kissed away his tears.

"gukkie, why didn't you tell me this?"
he asked sweetly, gently rubbing the youngest's cheek.

"because i know you like my body, i didn't want you to leave me." he said sadly, before he could even think he was met with jin repeatedly saying "no no no" making jungkook giggle slightly.

"all i want is for you to be happy and safe. if you're not comfortable in your own body then i'm not comfortable either. no matter what, no matter your size or age. you're my baby. and if you want me to be able to lift you then i'll just work harder in the gym."

jungkook smiled and jin looked at him with proud eyes. "i love you so much kookie, you know that right?"

"yes hyung. i love you too."

"now, little one ~" he teased lightly.

"can we please sleep? i'm so tired." he whined, jungkook laughed and the two lay down once again.

jin's hand wandered back down to jungkook's tummy and he began to rub it once again.

within ten minutes jungkook was out cold, jin soon followed.

"goodnight, baby."

"hyung's baby."

-end-

this is terrible.

i really just wanted to post something because i felt bad being away for so long, i hope you all understand 🥺

stay tuned for my big announcement in the next few days !

see you soon - EJ 🪐
-1040 words