sad news - namgikook

this is a pretty sad one, it deals with themes of death and loss.

-parents namgi
-jungkook (age 16)

x

"namjoon, turn your phone off." yoongi said groggily, having been woken up from the persistent ringing of his husband's phone.

namjoon grumbled before rolling over - squinting his eyes at the display.

it was just passed six am, and he had three missed calls from seokjin, his best friend.

him and seokjin had known each other since namjoon was born, they grew up together and watched each other find love and settle down.

he decided that it would be best if he answered the older's calls, knowing that jin would only call him this early if it was serious.

he sat up and pressed the phone to his ear.

"hello? everything alright?" he said sleepily, the line remained silent.

"jin hyung...what's going on?" he asked, slightly more concerned. yoongi sat up too, listing in to the call.

"hey namjoon. i-is kookie with you right now?" jin said, his voice was shaky - almost as if he'd been crying for hours...

"no he's asleep in his own bed, hyung - tell me what happened."

jin started crying and both males shot each other worried glances.

"yesterday after jungkook left, j-jimin said he felt like shit - headache and stuff. he went to bed at like five pm or something-" jin paused as another sob came over him.

"h-hobi went to check on him before we went to sleep. he looked really pale a-and he'd wet himself.

he wouldn't wake up and w-we couldn't find a pulse so we phoned an ambulance... b-b-but he was already d-dead. apparently he h-had a seizure." jin hiccuped, namjoon and yoongi sat in shocked silence.

not only was jimin jin's son - he was jungkook's best friend.

the two were inseparable - the longest they had ever been apart was less than a week.

they truly did everything together, jimin was jungkook security blanket.

jungkook suffered from pretty severe depression, two years ago - he attempted suicide.

the only person that managed to talk him down was jimin. the boy that saved his son's life was gone.

and jungkook lay peacefully sleeping in the next room.

"jin hyung...oh my god. i'm so sorry - do you guys need anything?" namjoon stuttered out, tears slipping down his tanned cheeks.

"no no, j-just please be gentle with jungkook okay? you know how much j-jimin meant to him." he wailed, both namjoon and yoongi were crying now.

though the phone they heard a broken cry come from a different room, jin informed them that hoseok was taking a shower but he doesn't sound well - so jin was going to hang up and check on him.

the call ended and namjoon put his head in yoongi's lap, sobbing quietly.

"d-do we tell him now?" namjoon choked out, yoongi shook his head and gently stroked his husband's hair.

"no no, let him sleep for now. why don't we get up and make him some food. then we'll need to phone the school and tell them that he won't be in for a couple of days, okay?" yoongi stated. namjoon admired how calm yoongi appeared.

if namjoon was by himself he would have woke jungkook up and told him there and then, unable to keep such a big secret from his son.

namjoon climbed out of bed and stretched before heading off to the kitchen.