⚠️kick off - taekook

-homophobia (very sorry)

this is loosely based of my experience and also things i have witnessed as a football (soccer) player.

-quick disclaimer, my books are not for everyone! if you don't enjoy them - i don't mind. but please don't tell me to k*ll myself as it's uhh not very nice? lol thanks

---

"mum! for the last time, i'm not getting out the damn car." jungkook spat, looking out the window and gritting his teeth.

"jungkook please. you were the best player on your old team - it would be such a shame to see you quit. besides, this is the only team in the area - it's this or nothing honey. please just give it a try?" she pleaded. jungkook and her had recently moved around three hundred miles away from where they used to live. jungkook wasn't taking the move well at all and had stopped eating and exercising - the two things that old jungkook loved the most in the world.

in a desperate attempt to get her goofy and active son back, she booked a trial at their new local football club. she spoke with the coach and he said he would love to have jungkook there, however - jungkook was not pleased.

he wasn't a fan of being new to things - and that week he was already new to the neighbourhood and school so a football team was a little overkill (in his opinion.)

yet, there he was - dressed in his long socks, shorts and sporting an oversized football jersey that he had tucked into his boxers.

after more coaxing, jungkook was out the car and walking towards the floodlit pitches. he was anxious, he hadn't played in a while and he didn't know anybody - why did his mum think this would do him any kind of good?

"ah! you must be jungkook!" a tall man said, with a smile so wide jungkook wasn't sure if he could even see properly.

"the boys are over there, you're just in time - we're about to start our warm up!" he beamed enthusiastically.

jungkook turned to look at his mum - she gazed at him with proud eyes and moved in to give him a hug.

now, usually jungkook would push her off in public - especially around new people, but he needed this. he let his mum hold him briefly before walking over to the pitch with the coach.

"they're wonderful boys jungkook - the lot of them. i really hope you like it here."

jungkook took a deep breath. "i hope so too, coach."

x

jungkook warmed up in silence, exchanging a few awkward glances with some of the other players - their fitness was the same level as his and they all seemed to get on well. he was feeling way less nervous - almost excited to get to know them.

the coach blew his whistle, signalling for them to walk over to the middle of the pitch - they moved quickly and their chatter died down and the man began to speak.

"as i'm sure you're all aware, we have a fresh face with us tonight." the coach began. "he's just moved from busan and he's going to be trying out with us tonight! now, to get to know everyone's names and faces - everyone is going to step forward and state their name, age, position and a random fact about themselves." all the boys groaned at this.

"great! namjoon, as captain - you will start."

namjoon rolled his eyes and stepped forward. "i'm kim namjoon, i'm nineteen, i play defence and i-"

"fancy jin!" another boy yelled, making everyone burst into a fit of laugher - namjoon went bright red and moved his hair out his eyes. "i was going to say i speak three languages." there was a chorus of "oooohs" around the circle "but that works too i guess." - namjoon walked away shyly and the next boy came into the centre.