smile kookie! - btsxjjk

this was a request and i wasn't really sure what to do with it hehe

"boys! post is here!" jin yelled from the front hall, holding four letters in one hand, and a mug in another.
the eldest walked through to the kitchen where all six other boys were sat eating breakfast, he placed his mug down and sifted through each letter.

"one for namjoon, two for yoongi and-
one for jungkook?" jin said, looking confused as he handed jungkook the white envelope.

"me? i never get letters..." jungkook stated as he tore into the letter and began reading.

his hyungs watched as jungkook paled.

"...well? what is it?" jimin asked, looking up from his bowl of porridge and fruit.

"it's uh- nothing"

"come on kook, we all know that's a lie. tell us"

"it's from my orthodontist. i-i need b-braces"

x

"no! i don't wanna go!" jungkook backed up agains a wall, yelling and refusing like a toddler. today was the day he was due to get his braces, and he had been 'kindly' informed by some staff members that it hurt like a bitch - and they looked ugly too.

"jungkook-ah stop that, get in the car or we'll be late"

"no! f-fuck you! i'm not getting braces, you can't make me!"

"quit behaving like that! you're not a child jungkook. get in the car." yoongi said, folding his arms and looking sternly at jungkook.

"n-n-no" jungkook started before breaking down crying. he slid down the wall and brought his legs up to his chest - making himself appear smaller than he already was.

"aigoo kookie, what's wrong?" hoseok asked, walking over to the younger and stroking his hair. "i don't want braces. they hurt a lot and they're ugly - the choreography says his son had braces and they made him cry all night long. i don't want that to happen hyungs" jungkook whined, barely looking up from his lap.

jimin and taehyung tutted, annoyed that their choreography would tell their maknae this - rather than reassuring him.

"braces do hurt baby - but they help so much! i had braces when i was a teenager and look at my teeth now!" seokjin said - flashing a toothy smile.

"won't people make fun of me? i'm a little old to have braces don't you think?"

"people will love them baby, trust us"

with that, jungkook stood up from his bedroom floor, wiped his eyes on his sleeves and walked out his room - his six hyungs following closely behind.

x

"jeon jungkook please"

jungkook's name was called up, making his face go even paler - if that was possible.

"jungkook-ah you need a guardian to come with you - because you're under 18."

"i'll go with him" namjoon said, walking up behind the smaller.

"great! right this way"

x

"now jungkook, you can pick whichever colour you like"

the orthodontist showed jungkook a large selection of colours he could pick for his braces. he pondered for a while - eyes darting between the colours before clicking his fingers triumphantly.

"purple!"

x

"smile kookie! wow look they really suit you!" taehyung said, giving jungkook his own signature boxy smile in return. jungkook just blushed and looked at his feet.

"how are you feeling?" jin asked, running his fingers through the maknae's hair.

"sore" jungkook slurred. "am not gonna have a lisp right?"

"just while you get used to them kook. do you not remember my first day in the dorms? i had just got my braces on and i was totally unable to pronounce anything even remotely close to the letter s." jimin chuckled - thinking back to their predebut days.

"i know what will help!" jin exclaimed, "let's go out for ice cream!" he clicked his fingers and started up the car.

x

"not hungry kookster?" yoongi asked, taking a seat next to the boy who was staring at his coconut ice cream. (the best flavour)

"mmmm hurts" jungkook whined, putting his spoon down.

"ah i know, but you have to eat okay? come on, it won't be that bad" yoongi picked up jungkook's spoon - took a generous scoop of ice cream and fed it to the maknae.

"good boy, kook-ah"

thanks for reading! sorry this one is a bit shit lol
-727 words
should i make a part two to this?
<3 <3 <3