⚠️wake up! - yoonkook

-abuse
-death
-alcoholism

yoongi again! yoonkooker's are being well fed hehehe

---

yoongi and jungkook's life was rough to say the least.

when yoongi was just thirteen and jungkook eleven, the pair lost their mother to suicide.

the two boys were devastated - however their dad was another story.

he didn't know what to do with himself. he couldn't cook nor clean, wasn't good with comforting or helping with homework - for months they lived off takeaway food and instant noodles.

however as yoongi grew up he taught himself how to cook, he also got his drivers licence and pushed himself in school in order to fully look after his younger brother. why'd he have to do all this you might ask?

because shortly after their mothers death - their father turned to drugs and alcohol.

it tore the family apart, watching their loving and caring dad turn into some alcohol fulled monster.

some days he was nice to jungkook - but he always hated yoongi.

something about his eldest son just made his blood boil, yoongi also hated his father - leaving poor jungkook caught in the middle.

it was saturday morning and jungkook awoke to yelling... never a good sign.

"kim yoongi!"

jungkook whined in a frightened manner and rolled over, shaking his hyung who was still sound asleep on the other side of the bed.

"hyung wake up! dad is yelling!" jungkook warned, climbing on top of yoongi and shaking him a little harder.

yoongi stirred and opened his eyes and squinting at his brother. "hmm? what's wrong?"

before jungkook could reply, loud footsteps stomped up the stairs, yoongi's eyes widened an he was told by jungkook to put a shirt on, knowing his father could not resist cracking his belt over his eldest's pale skin.

yoongi did as he was told and threw a stray shirt over his head - before standing up and looking directly in his dad's eyes.

"what did i tell you about taking money from my wallet?" he growled, jungkook shook with fear, but the older wasn't phased.

"we had no food for two days - jungkook passed out in gym class! i took some money for dinner, asshole." yoongi quipped back, rage seeping out their dad's ears.

"why didn't you ask? you can't just take things from me you brat! i work damn hard for that money!"

"bullshit! one, i tried to ask you but you were passed out from drinking as usual and two that money comes from the council because of mum! you haven't worked in three years! a-"

yoongi was punched.

the punch was so hard it caused him to fall to the ground, clutching his face and groaning.

"what? not gonna get up and fight me like a man? you really look up to this piece of shit jungkook?" he spat, jungkook wiped his tears and stared blankly - not knowing how to respond.

"whatever, i'm going down the pub." he turned to leave the room, kicking yoongi in the stomach on the way out.

as soon as the door slammed shut jungkook jumped up and ran to yoongi's assistance.

"you alright kooks?" yoongi asked weakly, jungkook looked dumbfounded. "a-am i alright? hyung he pucnhed you! a-and kicked you...you're bleeding!"