forever - namkook

please tell me the right version has posted this time lord

x

jungkook looks at the calendar pinned to his wall. june 10th. three days before their tenth anniversary.

it's the first time in his career that he hasn't looked forward to june 13th. the big celebration. festa is usually the highlight of his year - two whole weeks of doing fun things with his hyungs and putting on shows for army - he adores it. june has always been a very happy month for all of bangtan.

however it's also an emotional time too, but it's always in a joyful - nostalgic type of way. thinking of the hard times still brings a tear to his eye but it just reminds them of how far they've come. they always join together for a meal to talk about life together, the hardships, the fights and the memories - getting to sit and talk with his favourite people (and getting paid to do so) is complete heaven for jungkook. he's able to relax, often forgetting that the cameras are rolling when he's with his six older brothers just eating, talking and drinking. he counts down the days for weeks before, every single year...

apart from this year. this year - everything is different.

for one, jin and hoseok have entered their military service, and will not be with them on their anniversary, or for any of festa at all for that matter. it breaks jungkook's heart even thinking about their special day being incomplete. two members absent from the first time in ten years.

and the other thing is just that. ten years. ten feels so much different to nine, eight, seven and so on. even feels different to five, which was a huge milestone at the time.

for some reason in jungkook's head, ten feels like the end. with them already being temporarily separated - he fears a world where they just don't reunite. a lot of people have said to him, ten years feels like a good place to end it, right? reunite in a few years for a tour maybe?

it seems a lot of people feel this way. like they've hit their peak and should just quit while they're ahead. it makes jungkook feel sick just thinking about it.

in 2018, when the group considered disbandment for the first time, jungkook was the only member to be wholeheartedly against it. he was the only one who didn't even give it a second thought. bts was his life, he wanted to do this until his old bones physically won't let him step up on that stage anymore. he can see himself being a 70 year old rockstar like elton john or paul mccartney - destined to do this for life. so the others even thinking about giving it up made him anxious for weeks.

thankfully they moved past that, and have made it to their ten year celebration. none of the boys have mentioned disbanding in a long time. and they re-signed their contracts again recently so really he shouldn't even be worrying about this.

but he is.

many great bands haven't lasted this long. so many people have thrown it all away much earlier than bts, so what's stopping them?

what if their next comeback flops and the company fires them? what if their relevancy drops and they become nobodies? could jungkook survive without bts? could he just be ... jungkook?

it's 10am and he already feels awful just thinking about all this. it's days like this where he wishes he still lived with his hyungs, and was able to just wander across the hall into one of their bedrooms and vent his worries, knowing that he will be listened to and validated. but he's all alone. and the other boys all seem so far away.

he turns over his phone and sees a message in the groupchat from jimin. it's a picture of a festa billboard in seoul - and the caption is "it's almost here!"