New Beginnings

"You made it, Lou." Louisa silently told herself as her eyes scanned the interior of her own mini art studio/apartment. Her face, filled with happiness and contentment even in the exhaustion of setting her things up.

She grabbed the large mug of coffee she just made and walked up to the large glass door opening to an overlooking view of the beautiful city lights. It's early in the evening now, she gazed upon the busy streets, the dancing lights from the moving traffic, and the dark skies hovering over it.

Lou let out a happy sigh and slid the glass door open. She stepped out of the quaint mini balcony; the main reason she chose this particular studio apartment. The cool evening breeze touched her damp face and it felt so pleasant.

She has a perfect view of the city from up the 18th floor and she couldn't be any happier to have such a great place at a decent price

She has a perfect view of the city from up the 18th floor and she couldn't be any happier to have such a great place at a decent price. It was getting a bit chilly but she didn't mind. She closed her eyes and replayed the events that took her to where she is right now. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~	~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~	~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~	~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~	~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~	~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"All the underdogs in the world. A day may come when we lose.."She was startled when her ringtone replaced the deafening silence of the library. "Oh shit." She exclaimed as she picked up her phone and saw an unknown number calling her.

"But it is not today! Today we fight!" the ringtone continued. She hesitated but then glanced around and panicked when she realized everyone was looking at her. "Answer the damn thing and do it outside." A girl in thick specs whispered loudly. "Oh yes. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

She held her right hand as a gesture of apology to everyone.