Finders Keepers

"There are few deep scratches so you need to disinfect them regularly." The nurse from the clinic concluded as they headed out the door. She also handed a small bag of medicine before heading back.

The man held the door for her while anxiously looking around. They made their way back to the car and that's when he visibly relaxed. The way he moves is oddly very familiar but she can't seem to point out from where.

"You seemed nervous." Louisa said while trying to fasten her seatbelt. The man reached out and fastened it for her, Lou inhaled his pleasant fragrance. She felt a small flutter in the base of her stomach.

"Are you hungry?" He ignored her statement again. He started the car and drove off. "I know a place."

"No." She said. "I have plans." She lied.

"No you don't."

She shot him a sharp glance. "You ignore my questions and you won't even show me your face! What makes you think I wanna go with you?" She's becoming irritated.

"I will tell you everything when we get there, okay?" He said with his eyes on the road.

"Can't you at least tell me your name?" She said, trying to calm down.

There was a moment of silence and she concluded that everything means including his name. 

Soon after, they arrived in a restaurant that looks very exclusive. It can almost pass as a residential home, a fancy one.

"Can I use the restroom for a bit?" She asked the male attendant who welcomed them at the door

"Can I use the restroom for a bit?" She asked the male attendant who welcomed them at the door. He looked more of a butler than a waiter though.

"It's this way, ma'am." He gestured to his left politely.

She made her way to the ladies room and stared at the mirror. Good thing that she has not started her work this morning yet. She'd look even worse than this if she did. 

Her moss green jacket looks decent enough over her white fitted turtleneck blouse. She wore tattered jeans today and a white sneakers. Definitely not an outfit for a fancy restaurant. Her dark brown hair that reached her waist was down the whole time and it seemed to not be in a good mood today. She decided to tie it up into a ponytail. She applied some cheek & lip tint and dabbed a bit of pressed powder.

"Aaagh this will do." She doesn't want to give the impression that she's trying to doll up for him. She just wants to look...proper.

It was easy to spot him. They were the only customers even though it's already almost noon.

"I already ordered." He said as soon as she sat down. He saw her frowning and with a smirk, he said "It's much faster. I wanna be alone with you sooner." She blushed at his words and was unable to respond.

Seeing her blush triggered a few butterflies in his stomach. Why are you so cute? Her hair in a ponytail gave him a lot more view to see. He can now clearly see her dark caramel eyes; that he thinks are just perfection.

"Now, ask me anything." He said leaning closer on the table, not letting go from his steady gaze.

She tried to organize her thoughts. "What was it that you wanted to return?"

He pulled out her earphones wrapped in a ribbon from his jacket and placed it on the table. "I found that just recently. I'm sorry it took a while."

His politeness struck her with awe. She instantly regretted her snarks earlier.

"Thank you. This was a gift. I appreciate it." She smiled as she reached out to it. She looked up and saw him staring at her intently. Her heart doubled its pace. "You said you were at the hospital. The last thing I remember is when I bumped into you and that's it." She said purposefully avoiding the fact that she cried like an idiot in front of him.

Just as he was about to explain everything in detail, their appetizer arrived.

"Tomato Crostini for appetizer." The butler presented with class.

" The butler presented with class

They both thankfully bowed to him. He smiled back at them and left the table.

"Are you gonna eat with your mask on?" She asked with a hint of sarcasm. Jeez. Why is he so careful to not show his face?

Her eyes fixed on the food on the table. She hasn't eaten anything since the day before and the smell of freshly grilled bread was making her stomach grumble.

He slowly removed his mask and waited for her to look up.

Her jaw dropped as she looked up staring at the face of the man in front of her.

Her mind can't seem to wrap around the fact that this is the same man who she bumped into that night, the man who brought her to the hospital when she collapsed and now the man she's having a meal with in a fancy restaurant. 

Her ultimate hero.

"Min......Yoongi."