Revelación

"Are we..there yet?" Nico asked in between huffing.

He can't believe the amount of humidity in this forest in the middle of autumn. The hovering trees, the thick & tall grass and the mushy ground weren't helping ease up his discomfort. He was expecting majestic wild animals to appear at any time but instead, he had to endure the mosquitoes and other bugs buzzing around his head.

 He was expecting majestic wild animals to appear at any time but instead, he had to endure the mosquitoes and other bugs buzzing around his head

They're now an hour into their hike to a supposedly sacred part of a mountain forest; at least according to his serf. The eerie feel and stillness of the forest depth made it unbearable for him to even go on. It didn't feel like they're going anywhere sacred, it felt like the deeper they go, the more unholy the grounds become.

It's all worth it when we get there. He bitterly recalled her optimism before they started hiking.

They met just the day before yet he himself couldn't fully process and understand the trust he immediately sensed with his whole being the moment he opened the door for her.

{Flashback}

"Hi." She briefly uttered along with a brief wave of her hand. She awkwardly smiled at him.

"Hello." Nico responded quite warmly. "Come on in?"

He gestured his hand inside, which she obliged. She looked around as soon as she stepped in.

She was carrying a huge backpack over her shoulders. She looked just like a new student who just came into her new classroom while holding its straps.

He expected someone older, a Noona. But it seems that she's a bit younger than him. She looked a bit nerdy with her thick glasses and unruly curly hair. He didn't know why he expected her to be one of the locals, but evidently, she's a Latina. One of his own.

She was right to warn him not to be deceived because she looked nothing like her projection he saw in his dream.

"Your place is so dark." She suddenly commented before proceeding into drawing the curtains all over his place, letting the sunlight flood his apartment after the longest time. He didn't have time to protest as he squinted through the unwelcoming sudden brightness. "We have to clean these all up."

"We can hire someone for tha-"

"No. We can't be too careful." She firmly cut him off as she made her way to the couch in front of his TV. She carefully avoided the spot where Nico saw his 'sister'. "We can't let anyone come in here."

His eyes narrowed blatantly showing his reluctance and doubt, for show. However in his guts, he instantly agreed with what she said. He sat on the small couch adjacent to where she was sitting.

"Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't be trusting just anyone who comes in my door. Right?" He paused to get his point across. "Especially now that I already know I have a potential pow-"