Magic Shop

"This must be some kind of reality show, right?" Louisa looked around the restaurant as if looking for any hidden camera.

Yoongi laughed at her idea.

"Why do you think that's the case? I already told you everything."

"I just..this is not something that could happen in real life." She felt her embarrassment spread across her face. Reality show? Are you kidding, Lou? Why would any show choose you to be part of their production?

"This is real. I'm here, having lunch with you. No cameras and see.." he then touched his face "no makeup too."

It just took her a few seconds to check his face. It's true, he's not wearing any makeup. Nevertheless, he looked stunning with his naturally fair skin.

"You also didn't have make up in Bon Voyage."

"Right!" He giggled in agreement. "You're funny."

She forced a smile while uneasiness filled her body.

"Hey, relax." He said when he noticed her awkward smile. "Let's eat?"

She didn't have the appetite anymore but she obliged. The situation was nerve-wracking but also dream-like. It felt like she was ambushed but in a good way.

The awkward atmosphere was becoming unbearable. She felt like she's sitting there for hours being scrutinized by someone she worships. She checked her watch and it's been only 10 minutes since he last spoke.

"Did you really have somewhere to go to?" He glanced at her, misinterpreting her gesture.

"Oh. No." That was rude, Louisa. "It's just..uhm. Okay. I'll be honest. I'm not really comfortable right now."

The look on his face drastically changed.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No no, I'm sorry. My brain is just in chaos right now." She struggled to explain. "You see, I was so used to just seeing you guys on screen and a few times on stage but this...this is mindblowing."

"I see. Okay. I understand." His expression showed his apprehension.

Another awkward minute passed and she felt like she was going to pass out.

"I..I need some air." She was about to stand when he also responded.

"Yeah me too." He stood up. "Would you like to go on a ride?"

She was just planning to go outside for a bit to release some tension but she didn't expect him to suggest a ride.

The moment they were inside the car, Yoongi turned out the music player and wound down the windows. They set off while "Fast Car" was playing.

Minutes later, the uneasy tension that she was feeling in her tummy slowly dissolved into a happy swirl. She smiled as the wind enveloped her face. I miss you, Min.

A humble tear rolled down her cheeks. It wasn't sadness. She felt as if a fraction of bliss was being shared with her.

A little nudge on her arm brought her back to earth. Yoongi offered her a white handkerchief.

"Ahh. The wind..." She tried to reason.

He just smiled and said nothing while his eyes got back on the road. She didn't attempt to reason out anymore. Her eyes drifted to the road as well as she wiped away her tears.

They're now driving along Hangang bridge. The car was running just enough for her to appreciate the Han River. The cool spring breeze was so calming and nostalgic. This was indeed a joy ride.

"You look a lot calmer now." She was startled when she heard his low deep voice. "What? You forgot I was here?"

They both laughed as he drove down to a roadside by the Han River. The sun's high but the breeze is just right. 

They didn't get out, the sight was already breathtaking even from inside the car

They didn't get out, the sight was already breathtaking even from inside the car. He kept their windows down but wore his mask back. He tilted his head towards her and she knew he was smiling.

"I'm sorry for not recognizing you."

"Jeez. It's fine. That's the point of all of these." He gestured towards his cap and mask.

"I mean, I've been a fan since your debut. I should've still recognized you."

"Are you trying to flatter me?" He teased.

"I know it may sound made up but it's true. I've watched your logs since pre-debut."

"Seriously?" He genuinely asked in amusement as he shifted his body to her direction.

She giggled with his reaction. "Are you really amazed by that? I bet there's millions of fans like me."

"Yeah, possibly. But I don't get to talk to them like this." He smiled under his mask.

"Well that's true. Lucky me, right?" She grinned at him.

He exchanged her smile with an earnest stare. She's even prettier in daylight.

She pulled away from their eye contact and shifted her eyes to the view in front of them.

"Aaahh I needed this, you know." She sighed and stretched her arms forward.

"Are you feeling any better?'

She looked at him again. This feels exactly the way she felt consoled listening to their songs. The heavy baggage on her shoulders and the burden inside being lifted. As she felt these weights being held temporarily, she escaped. This is it, this is the escape.

"You have no idea."