Chapter 78 | wedding bells

A/n: OH MY GOD LAST CHAPTER- I FEEL SO EMPTY NOW LIKE THIS IS PROBABLY MY BEST FULL STORY AND NOW ITS OVER AHHHH.

"To think that two once humans could break the barrier between humans and the Kami is a rare reality. But you, (y/n), Lawliet... you made that a reality. After the tragic murder of (y/n) in the 1700s, right before she was to marry her soulmate, he swore to the murderer that he'd get him in another life. Hundreds of years later, the two were reunited during the worst mass murder case the human realm has had. Reconnecting, picking up the broken pieces of the lost century's apart, they fell in love all over again and he kept his word about getting her murderer in another life. Kira now dwelling in the underworld thanks to the power couple of the 7 realms. Love and death go together in a tragically beautiful story. As humans dropped dead around them, they found a lost ancient love, saving the world in the process.

Now all these years later the people involved in the case watch the two be wed, with the status of Kami and the best wishes from witches, spiritualists, deities, spirits and other entities everywhere. On the 5th of November, years after the day L Lawliet would have tragically died if (y/n) hadn't stepped in and given him his wings. In true love goddess fashion, she proposed to the worlds greatest detective working behind the humans back as a kami and he accepted with teary eyes and a bright smile. Today, the 14th of February, Valentine's day, the two are to be wed.

Taking the kamis sacred wine, they link arms and drink. A ritual process in every deity wedding..."

You never thought you'd see the day you'd be wed after you were killed before you could. But here you were centuries later being wed to the one that was ripped away from you all those years ago. L was glad he didn't have to wear a restricting suit, instead wedding deity robes with a big train and silver and gold accents. Aphrodite took on the role of officiant.

Pretty much all the love Kami wanted to, but they allowed Aphrodite as she was heavily involved in the process of bringing you back together in the first place with the soul rings and telling you of the transformation ritual.

She handed you each a wine glass, glowing red holy wine filled to just under half the glass. Standing at the altar, under an arch of roses, marigolds and your birth flower, you took the glasses.

The crowd of Kami, atherials, the taskforce, the remaining Yagami family, Misa and her family, and various other spirits that wanted to tag along watched as you linked your arm around L's. Elbows locked together and glasses up to your lips. Simultaneously drinking the whole glass in one go, you could taste a pinch of your favourite fruits with strawberries and mango, L's favourite.

Placing the glasses on the table beside you, you were handed the rings. Making these wedding rings another addition to the collection of rings you'd accumulated that you both wore on the daily. But the wedding rings were by far the prettiest.

"(Y/n) (l/n), do you wish to take L Lawliet as your husband for the rest of eternity, tied to together by soul connections and the deep burning love of a passion found again after centuries?" Aphrodite said.

"I do, I won't let anything rip us apart again" you replied, taking L's hand and slipping the ring on his free finger.

"And do you L Lawiet, wish to take (y/n) (l/n) as your wife for the rest of eternity, tied to together by soul connections and the deep burning love of a passion found again after centuries?"

Taking your hand, and slipping the ring on your free finger, L smiled at you, looking ready to break down in tears at any moment. You felt like doing that to if you were completely honest.

"I do, even if I was a few centuries late on my promise" he said.

"Then let it be known to the universe that these two deities will be wed and connected for the rest of the worlds life. Watched over and guided by the Kami of love, bound to never break apart. The deal sealed with a kiss"