Chapter 31 | rage of the gods above

Curled up under your wings, L slept. He hadn't slept in a while, but now everything was moved in, he was able to get some sleep. Next to you on the bed he sound himself in a sound sleep, using your wing as a blanket as you slept soundly beside him.

The night was quiet, things were calm. At least, down in the human world.

"One of our deities is putting herself in danger trying to stop the mess your kind caused!" Zephyr exclaimed.

"What the love girl? She's fine. Plus, it's not like I knew Ryuk dropped a book to begin with"

The deities gave the Shinigami king an angry look. Each of the realms had send a representative to a meeting to discuss the situation.

Of the High lands, they sent Aphrodite as she was watching you closely and knew the most about the situation. Of the underworld they sent hades as the ruler. Of the aether they sent zephyr as she was acting as a messenger. Of MU, one of the gate guards was sent an angel called azayleah. And of course, there was the Shinigami king.

They met in the astral plane. Trying to sort things out. But it really wasn't working.

"This Yagami kid has caused the soul system to be overflowing. My death messengers can barely keep up, souls of sinners are escaping to the astral and wearing havoc" hades growled.

"My reincarnation workers are overwhelmed, so many killed souls are having to be re-born at massive rates. The birth rates of humans isn't quick enough, there's a whole population of souls that are waiting to be reincarnated but there aren't enough babies being born to reincarnate into! The death toll is growing too fast" azayleah said, her multiple eyes blinking. In sync.

"Don't even get me started in how bad this is getting in the high lands... Kami are at each others throats about what to do. If you don't fix this there will be consequences" Aphrodite snarled.

The Shinigami king shrugged, letting out an evil chuckle.

"There's nothing I can do even if I wanted too, once a death note touches human earth, it's part of the human realm unless that human gives it back to i the Shinigami. Light hasn't given it back, he's just given up possession. Plus, Ryuk is a cheeky fuck. This isn't the first time he's dropped spare notes. It's just the first time it's gone this far. As long as he can find books to drop, he won't stop no matter what I say or how many rules I add to the book"

"What's to say a new rule won't work? It worked last time. The last rule added was 'a human and Shinigami cannot reproduce' because one of your stupid scribes decided to impregnate a human. And that orphan boy with the eyes was born. Just add a rule about not dropping notes" zephyr said.

"The only reason that rule worked was because no one else was willing to bang a human. That Shinigami was... a bit unhinged to say the least. There's nothing I can do, as long as Light has the book, he can keep acting as Kira"

An angry aura fell over the table. Aphrodite stood up, fists clenched. She leaned over the table and jabbed a finger into the Shinigami kings chest.

"You listen to me. If ANYTHING happens to (y/n), my dear little love goddess and her soulmate, I will not hesitate to wage war on your realm" she snarled.

The Shinigami king laughed, amused that a Kami was protecting a human.

"Lawliet? Why bother protecting a human. He had zero power compared to anyone else involved in this?"

"He's the soulmate of one of my deities. All us love Kami will protect that boy with our immortal lives. He's spend multiple lives alone because of the tragic death of his lover in the 1600s. Now that he's found her again I will personally make sure they're both safe and wed. Those two have a pure unfiltered love so strong they could grow to be Kami one day. They have amazing potential. I did not endure everything I have in the name of love to have some human with a notebook break a bond as powerful as this. I Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty will personally lead a war of love deities against your kind of ANYTHING happens to them. Shinigami can fall in love too, don't forget that. One shot from my son Ero's arrows and your while race will fall in love with humans and be reduced to dust"

She let out and angry sigh and sat back down.

The threat of war making the Shinigami king take things more seriously now. He dropped the cocky attitude.

"Look, lady aph, like I said... even if I wanted to interfere I can't. The death note is part of the human realm now, it's out of my hands. The most I can do is scold Ryuk but we all know he won't care or pay attention. Save the war, just have the couple intercept the books somehow. That's all we can do" he said.

Aphrodite let out a frustrated sigh. As did the rest of the gods at the table.

"Hades, you've talked to them haven't you?" Aphrodite asked.

"I have, I have L a pomegranate enchanted with a shield against the eyes. But it'll only work once. I'm pretty sure it's been used" he replied.

"I think it has. They're safe for now. Misa lost the eyes and her memories"

"What if she gets them back?" Azayleah asked.

"As long as things go to plan between L and (y/n), they'll be safe" zephyr added.

"Oh yeah, don't they plan to turn L into a god? Ha, didn't think kira would cause a sex pact to happen" The Shinigami king snickered.

"Don't put it that way. It's a sacred ritual between soulmates built on trust and pure love. It's a love making ritual, not a sex pact" Aphrodite corrected.

"Still, he's gotta stick his dick in her"

"They can chose to make love however they please actually. Stay out of that, it's their private business"

"Says the one who suggested it"

"I didn't. I have her the rings to keep their souls tied. I explained the ritual as an explanation of the rings power. They chose to go through with it. It's their decision, they consented. And the fact they trust each other enough to work toward that ritual is beautiful. Of course you Shinigami don't understand that kind of love. All you do is kill and cause messes..."

"Alright. I think we should end this here. It's just getting heated and it's been made clear nothing is going to be done about the book be the Shinigami realm. I think the best thing we can do is close all entrances to the human realm expect for when L and (y/n) use them. We just have to sit back and watch for now. (Y/n) is smart, I'm sure she'll be able to make things work" zephyr said.

"Agreed, we all have work to do anyway" hades added.

With that, the meeting ended. Everyone heading back to their realms. When Aphrodite got back, she sat in her room of the cathedral surround by makeup, jewellery and shells. She looked down at the life pond showing you and L sleeping together soundly down in the human realm.

"I have no doubt you'll make this work (y/n). If not for the sake of the human realm. For L and his safety..."