Chapter 59 | harnessing power

Night fell on the city, two books in front of the culprit.

The death note and a book of shadows. The confirmation of you being a deity told Light that there were more than just Shinigami out there, meaning when he got his memories back he had all the information Ryuk previously told him, and the knowledge he'd gotten from researching witchcraft while he was trying to get his memories back.

He had a plan, he knew there were three ways to become an actual god. One was die a tragic death, and he wasn't taking chances on setting up a death for himself and it not being tragic enough to become a god. Two was having a deity fall in love with you, he didn't know the details of how that worked but he knew it could turn someone into a deity under specific circumstances. And finally, you could crate a mythos, gain power and break the barrier between the human realm and the deity realms. All three were hard to do, but his god complex wouldn't let him take no for an answer.

He'd already created a name for himself. Humans think kira is a vengeful god. He harnessed basic witchcraft power, like protection spells that allowed you to not be tracked with magic. And now... he had a sacred object.

Your theory was right, he had seen zephyr that day. And when he remembered it, he figured he could use her. All he had to do was wait for a moment where she was sent to carry a message and intercept her. He knew you and L were after him, so all he had to do was keep an eye on the skies for any winged humanoids and use that witchcraft he was learning to sense the energies of any entities near by.

It all happened a few days ago, and the timing was oh so convenient. He and Misa were leaving the hotel to get off the grid. They'd found an abandoned warehouse they intended to hide in for the time being...

-days earlier-

"Ugh this place is so gross" Misa complained.

"It's either stay here or get caught. I'm there the office section is still in tact and more furnished" Light replied.

He couldn't help but feel a presence, like someone was watching him. He glanced around the room, spotting the shape of a winged humanoid through a hole in the roof. He didn't draw attention to himself yet. They made their way through the warehouse, going upstairs to the office portion of the building. All the furniture had been left, other than a bit of dust and loose papers everything was pretty neat and in tact. Water still running, electricity still on, it was the perfect hideout.

"Misa"

"Yeah?"

"You remembered to bring scissors right?" Light said.

"I did, why?" She replied.

"Can I have them?"

Misa opened her suitcase, pulling out a pencil case and handing light some scissors.

"Thanks, it would be a shame if someone got her her wings clipped"

He turned to look over his shoulder, seeing the winged figure rush off down the halls, clearly having followed them inside.

"MISA DONT LET HER GET OUT!"

Before zephyr knew it she was being chased by the main suspects of the case. Her task to deliver a message to Rem gone wildly wrong, she didn't think they'd spot her, so she didn't bother with making herself invisible. Before she could launch herself out the window, Misa grabbed her by the wing, pulling her back. She slipped off her feet, landing on the ground with a thud. Light held the scissors to her wings, threatening to cut them.

"What do you want from us? I remember seeing you with (y/n), you're here on her behalf?" Light said.

"I'm a messenger, I come to tell your Shinigami something from the Kami" she replied, knowing if she tried to pull anything, she'd get her wings clipped.

"Rem? What message?"

"The Kami wish to hold a realm wide meeting with the Shinigami, that's all"

It was silent for a moment, Light decided she was telling the truth, but wasn't letting the chance to use her power go.

"Well we can't have you going back to (y/n) and L and telling them where we are now can we?" Light said.

"I'm a goddess, you're a human try me"

She didn't go down without a fight. But two humans who've managed to put up a protection spell against harmful magic meant a physical fight was all she could use. The brawl was a bloody one, but it ended with both Kira's standing on her wings and breaking the fragile bones. She was grounded, stuck in an area where magic was practically useless, locked in a room being kept alive only for information. She knew the Kami would notice her disappearance and act on it, so all she could do at the moment was rest those broken wings to heal and wait. Most importantly, not develop Stockholm syndrome.

But the real trouble is that Light and Misa took her shoulder bag containing all her magic items as well as her sacred object. The object of a fertility goddess was an orchid that never dies. Orchids represent fertility and the orchid of a fertility goddess could create life. Obviously a flower that could create whole humans at will was a power only Kami could possess. Her flower could be used to create plant life if you touch the petals there's a higher chance of you become pregnant, or getting someone pregnant.

Fertility goddess aren't built to fight, they're pacifists. Hence the very not dangerous object. Other items in her bag included a magic lyre, an amethyst and of course the messages she was meant to send.

Light sat by the window, occasionally writing names in the death note. In between that he wrote out the information he got from zephyr through force into his book of shadows.

Locked in the room behind him was zephyr, trying to figure out a way to throw a wench in his plan somehow. The one thing she refused to tell him was what the orchid did. Light has touched it, so had Misa. That lead to an idea brewing in her brain.

What would throw a major wench in the plan? An unexpected pregnancy. Just her presence in the building as well as them having touched the orchid meant the chances of conception even when birth control is present are very high. She just needed some way to get them to actually do the deed...

She knew Misa wouldn't mind having a child. But Light was clearly only using her for her eyes. The chances of Light trying anything with her were slim, but if she could somehow make it happen then it'd by nine whole months of time for you and L to track him down, and it's force them to turn to her, the fertility goddess for help. She'd have leverage.

She just needed to figure out how to get them to do it. It sounded crazy, but somehow making Light get Misa pregnant was her ticket to getting out of here and buying time for you and L.

You were a love goddess, you were an expert at setting the mood and love rituals. She just needed to remember one of the tricks you taught her. Magic or just persuasion...

Whatever the method, if Misa got pregnant... it could lead to lights plan falling apart.