Chapter 16 | discussion

Having L cover for you, you shifted into your goddess form again, flying back up to the aether for the first time in months with zephyr.

What did Aphrodite want with you? You had no idea. You'd only talked to her a few times at the big banquets the Kami held every few years to check up on the lower deities. The aether seemed darker, more quiet. Probably because all the deities were busy working on the kira situation, and all the other realms were all hands on deck too.

Zephyr lead you to the staircase up to the high lands. No lower deities could make it past halfway, there was a barrier. Only the Kami are permitted up there.

"They're expecting you, so you'll be able to make it through. Tell me what it's like up there when you're done, good luck" Zephyr said.

"God I hope I'm not in trouble" you sighed.

"I'm sure you're fine, it's just to do with Kira"

Waving her off, you began to make your way up the stairs. It was a long way up but you were a little exited. You'd never seen the highlands before, you didn't know what they looked like or what the atmosphere was like up there. But, you were also nervous, the KAMI wanted to see you. Not just any Kami, Aphrodite. She along with love deities from other pantheons were the ones that watched over your kind of love deity and guided them. So she was like the CEO of love deities in a way.

As you got closer to the top, you started to see the tops of big buildings. Gorgeous cathedrals, castles, grand halls. Made from marble, gold, crystals and other precious materials. Ambrosia trees glowed, leaves leaving little sparkles on the ground around them. You heard a river, and as you got closer saw the crystal clear water running through it. Finally, you got to the gates. Massive gold plated swirling metal stood before you, inside a beautiful garden of magic flowers and trees with a path running down the centre.

"You can do this (y/n), you'll be fine" you mumbled to yourself.

You pushed one of the gates open, stepped inside and looked around at the surroundings. It was one of the most beautiful places you'd ever seen, everything was a soft colour, the architecture was exquisite, everything looked so fancy and magical.

"(Y/n)"

You jumped, turning to face the voice. Behind you stood a boy, dressed in robes with a lyre fastened to his waist with a belt, a crown of ambrosia leaves on his head, curly hair pulled back in a fancy style.

"I don't believe we've met since you're a love deity and I watch over the muse deities, I'm Apollo" He said.

You almost got whiplash from those words, freaking Apollo was there to greet you?

"Oh- no I don't believe we've met, it's a pleasure to meet you" you replied.

"I'm here to escort you to Aphrodite, she figured one of us should show you the way since you've never been up here before"

"Thank you so much, it's much appreciated"

"This way"

You began to follow him, a bit star struck. You'd never met a Kami that wasn't a love related one. So this was a pretty fun little shock for you. The Kami were all very beautiful people so you couldn't help but notice how clear his skin was when he faced you to talk. Walking through the garden, you made it to some more steps, they led up to a hall with the roof held up by pillars. You passed a fountain, some massive ambrosia trees and beautiful statues.

"This place is so pretty" you said.

"Isn't it just? The old gods have done an amazing job with it" Apollo replied.