Chapter 40 | mythos

A/n: this book is getting some special attention because of things coming up I can't say or I'll spoil. Also the art in this chapter is 100% mine, drew them just for this book :) and my god it was torture, I remember now why I don't draw realism that much.

The death note now safely with hades and out of lights reach, the case could continue on the hunt for the Yotsuba Kira and the second book. Though L was still hidden behind closed doors until the wing growth got to the point he could shift. You had him stood in front of the mirror as you unwrapped the bandages and peeled off the blood stained dressings to check up on the progress.

"How is it?" He asked.

You ran your fingers over the area. The beginnings of wings starting to poke out from the scabs.

"They're getting there, try move them" you said.

"How?"

"Like you would move any limb, just think about it"

Watching the small featherless wings, they twitched before he flinched and seethed a bit at the pain.

"Still sore?" You asked.

"Only if I put pressure on it" he replied.

"Well, at least you can control them"

You dabbed some disinfectant into the scabs making sure they'd heal without complication. Mixed in with it was a serum hades gave you that would help with the pain. He was quite the help the other week. Along with the serum he had some wing modified clothes made for L. Including the classic deity toga. All L was missing now was an ambrosia leaf crown and his deity specific magic tools. You had your mirror and flute, both specific to love deities. L wouldn't get his tools until you knew what kind of deity he was. And ambrosia crowns are to be woven by the deity that owns them, so he'd be without one until he can fly up to the aether.

But things were going smoothly, he'd been reading the book of shadows you made him, gotten used to astral travel and flying with you as the wings. He was starting to understand the properties of magic in things like flowers and crystals and understood how the deity hierarchy worked. He would make a fine deity.

You wrapped up the wing growth again in drag bandages and with that, the progress check was done.

"Well, it seems to be going well. Now you should get back into bed so you don't waste all your energy and get some case work done" you said.

"You're right, I have a lot to catch up on. Could you check the news outlets so we know what the media is saying about Kira? It'd be bad if they start spreading pro kira propaganda" L replied.

"Of course"

Both of you set up your laptops opposite each other on the bed, laying on your front, wings limp over your body as you loaded up news pages. L pulled up the footage from the Yotsuba meetings over the past week to analyse it, watching for anything they could possibly use to pin point who the acting kira was.

The media seemed to be neither pro L or pro Kira, they probably figured to play it safe and stay neutral. Most were articles were about how the death toll had gone up, how L was retaliating or how protests and riots were breaking out over kira. The world was truly taking a toll due to all this mess.

As you were scrolling through news sights, an article caught your eye.

Set of paintings sold for 6.7 million dollars to high end museum.

The picture in the thumbnail looked familiar and when you clicked on the article, your face lit up.

Spiritual artist known by the pen name Alyssa yorozu made two one of a kind oil paintings of a newly discovered deity in the spiritual scene. The paints sold for an amazing 6.7 million dollars bought by the louvre museum as the paintings popularity skyrockets in under a week.