Chapter 4 | limited

"She's a goddess. I know I didn't believe my eyes at first either. But she's proven herself, she knows how kira kills, my whole life story and my true name and well... she has wings. And with the existence of Shinigami it's not far fetched to say other creatures exist too" L explained.

You stood before the man you revered as Watari from the life pond. The one that took L in as an orphan.

"And... she's trustworthy?" He questioned.

He seemed shocked, though you didn't blame him. It's not everyday you see a real goddess standing in your hotel room. Maybe it was just because he was older and had more life experience but he seemed a lot less panicked than L did.

"A goddess never breaks a promise. It would be absolutely against everything we stand for. I want nothing more than this case to be solved safely and for the happiness and safety of L and everyone involved" you said.

L had introduced you when Watari came back, socked to see a winged woman he'd never seen before in the hotel room. But L explained the situation, and it was pretty much proven to be legit by your literal wings and knowledge of wammys house and L's past.

"Well, if you believe she'll be of use to us..."

"She will, she knows more about Kira's power than any of us do" L said.

"I apologise for such a sudden appearance but this is a matter of life and death, and war and peace between the godly realms. I must find this Shinigami and kira and put a stop to everything" you explained.

"Aren't the wings a bit of a giveaway though? It'll be difficult to hide you..." Watari asked.

"That's why I must take on a human form. I'll miss my wings, and I'll loose a big chunk of my powers but it'll be worth it to solve this case" you sighed.

Taking a step back, you gloomily looked down at your hands, where most of your powers were conducted, then back at your wings.

"Well my friend I'll see you when this is all over" you sighed.

With a single spin, your wings vanished into a flurry of sparkles, the glow left your fingertips and your eyes went from bright to a normal human dullness.

"Oh I will miss being able to summon objects at my will, but that's not very human is it?" You giggled.

If they weren't convinced before, seeing your wings vanish would be good proof magic is very real.

"Watari, if she's going to be working with us from now on she'll need fake IDs and an emergency signal button hidden in something" L said.

"Of course, I'll work on that. What alias should we be using?" Watari replied.

"Oh no need for one. I'm already dead. A deity can't be killed with a death note" you said.

"Deities are dead humans?" L questioned.

"Most of them. Unless two deities have a child. Shinigami are created by humans who've used Death Notes after death. They usually don't remember their human life. Us pure deities are born when a human dies a tragic death, and the type of deity they are is reflected on how they lived as a human or how they died. I was alive in the 1600s, killed in the crossfire of a lovers quarrel. I don't remember much except for trying to defuse the situation and being killed for interfering. Thus, I became a love goddess. Humans who lived normal lives go to MU, essentially purgatory to you humans. Heaven and hell don't exist. Everyone is equal in the eyes of death, unless of course your death was prominent enough to end up a deity" you explained.

The two men looked at each other with a glance that said 'wow'.

"I'm sorry I'm info dumping on you guys. I've only just meet you, we should really get to know each other more personally before I go crazy with the information" you said.