Game On!

Andy's POV:
Jinxx drives us to our house, with Haily's car following closely behind. I hop out of the car and onto the cracked driveway.

I watch Haily get out of her car. She swiftly gets out of her seat and tosses her hair to the side. I get lost in the shimmering glisten of her hair as Ashely steps into my view.

"You're acting creepy dude. Stop death eyeing her." He warns. "Whatever, your just blocking the view." I say.

"I am the view." He says and purses his lips. I push his face away. I stand and awkwardly wait for her to walk up the driveway.

She bounds up the driveway happily. Okay, wait a minute it sounds like I'm narrating a dog food commercial. Whatever, she just walks up the driveway, I guess.

"Hey." She smiles.
"Sup." I say.
What kind of response is that? That's like saying "Hello, I'm your my friend." I don't want to be "just" friends, if you catch my drift.

"Nothing much." She responds.
"Well, come on in." I say and open the door. Now it sounds like I'm Paula Dean! Just add a stick of butter to me then, bam! You get Paula Dean.

I lead her to my room and she sits down on my bed. I plop down next to her with my controller and hand her one too. I turn on my X-Box and select Mortal Combat 9. "I bet I'll beat you." She says.
"Game On!" I shout and throw my fist in the air.

I click on multiplayer mode and after that, all you could hear was button mashing.
With the ice sword I was unstoppable.
"Andy the Great, is still undefeated." I say in a regal accent.

We decided to take a break and now it was silent. "So." I say.
"So." She stares straight in to my eyes as if to look into my soul.
"What's your favorite scary movie?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

She giggles. "Promise not to laugh." She says. "I swear on my heart. I hope to fly. Stick a cupcake in my eye." I say. She giggles and quickly looks away.

"Okay, Star Wars and the Hobbit. Yoda and Smeagol terrified me as a kid." She shivers.

"I get Smeagol but why Yoda?" I ask.
"After seeing the movie I used to see both of them in my room before I slept. They weren't there but that stuff really messed me up." She says.

She brings her hand up to her mouth and starts playing with her bottom lip. My eyes immediately focus on her beautiful lips. She smiles her bright smile and puts her hand down. I wanted to kiss her so badly. God, I have got to control myself. I can't stop admiring her and I can't control my voice, I'm hopeless.

"What's your favorite..." Haily trails off. She's so cute when she doesn't know what to say. Before, I know it my body is leaning towards her. My mind takes back over. You can't kiss her, what if she rejects you. I quickly jerk myself back.

"Is your body spazzing out, or something?" She says alarmed.
I laugh. "No, I'm totally fine." I say and fake a twitch. "What's your story?" I question. She takes a deep intake of air.

"My mom and dad fought constantly when I was I kid. It went on for years. During the fights she would say I was a mistake and all kinds of horrible things about me." Tears started streaming down her cheeks.

"My dad excepted who I was and truly loved me. My mother didn't. My mom told me she was going to divorce him. The day she told me that, he was diagnosed with cancer." She chokes up in the middle of the sentence.

"She didn't want to leave him after that, because everyone would think she was a person who left when things got bad. Then, when I was sixteen my dad died of lung cancer. My mother became an alcoholic. Things were terrible and I didn't know what to do or were to go." She wipes way her tears.