I Need You!

Haily's POV:

I thought being in a relationship with Andy was going to be peaches and cream, but I was wrong. We might have jumped into a relationship quickly but I didn't care, he was my idol. It turns out that he "might" idolize me a more than I do him.

I was trying to find my phone and I looked between our bunk and the wall. Then, I found a Ziplock bag marked Haily, full of my hair. This is a little much.

I mean I saw him staring at me while I slept, but I can overlook that. It was creepy but whatever. But, my hair, seriously? I'm going to talk to him about this. I was afraid this would happen but I hoped it wouldn't. This is going to be hard. I take a deep breath and exhale slowly.

I walk over to him and sit on the couch. "What's up babe?" Andy asks.
"We need to talk." I say flatly.
Andy's eyes fill with fear at the sound of those deadly words. Like a puppy being beaten to death in an alleyway.

"Abouttt... Whatt..." He stutters.
"Why do you have a bag of my hair hidden away?" I hold the bag up.
"I don't know. I need it." He looks down at his feet shamefully. I sigh and my shoulders fall.

"Andy I think we need a break. I'll gladly be your girlfriend when you deal with your obsession and love me." I say. Andy's eyes widen and he grips his chest.

He whispers no over and over again and looks back to me. Andy's eyes look hurt and tears start streaming down his face. "But. But. I Need You! I love you!" He reaches toward me. I move myself before I'm in his grasp. "And I need you, but obsession isn't love." I say honestly.

"It's not an obsession. I love you." Andy turns his head and smiles slowly at me with his tear stained face. "Your in love with the idea of me, Andy. I've been hurt by to many people, your not going to be one of them." I look deeply into his eyes. His eyes have an ocean of tears welling up in them.
"Okay." He whispers and sits stagnant.

His head falls down and he stares at his lap. Tears begin to fall onto his black jeans staining them with sadness.

I sadly shuffle to the empty bunk in the back and drag my stuff with me. I didn't know anything that was harder than telling Andy those fateful words.
I didn't know I could rip my own heart in to shreds like I did either.

I sit in my bunk and stare up at the ceiling. I focus on my breathing.
In.
Out.
In.
Out.
Until my breaths become shaky and I realize I'm crying.

The lump forming in my throat is threatening to choke me. I try to hold back the tears, to no avail they start running down my face. I wipe the tears from my now clammy face and head to the shower.

I walk into the tiny shower. I turn it on and realize I'm fully clothed. I sigh.
Then, I just sink down, letting my back slide down the wall and the water drenches my clothes. The final tears roll down my cheeks but I know that there will be many more soon.

I step out of the shower feeling completely numb. I grab a fresh pair of clothes and change. Then, I lay down in my bunk.

If I didn't do anything wrong
why do I feel so empty inside.
I don't feel safe around people with obsessions. Especially if I'm the obsession. I'm not an object. I'm a human being. A living, breathing, person.
I pull at my hair and let it fall down onto my face.
Andy will get his mind straight.
Right? Did I make the right decision?

________________________
Hey!
This chapter took a lot of work. It was sad but that's what happens. You know?
- A. F. Grace