Shut up!

Haily's POV:

"Get back in here! I already used the money Gerald gave me. So, you have to!" My mother yells and bangs against my door. The door begins to make crackling sounds. I quickly grab a duffel bag out my closet and stuff in all my essentials. I open my window and stick a foot out. I close my eyes and jump out.

"Don't you leave, slut!" She yells again. I fumble for the keys to her car and speed past our apartment building. I look at the rear view mirror and see her with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth, looking for her pistol. I keep speeding and when I finally feel safe I put on my set belt. I throw my bag in the back and turn up the radio. I was so tired that the song almost rocked me to sleep like a lullaby.

I tap my finger to the beat as I drive. Thank goodness I got out there. I always dreamed about doing this. But, this time it was absolutely necessary. Who knows what Gerald would have done to me this time.

I look out the window and see the city lights dance around. Night drives always soothed my nerves. When I was little, before my father left and things got out of hand, we would drive around at night just to enjoy the scenery. I wish I could go back to those days. When everything was better, normal even.

But, I'm sure I'll figure something out. It always works out. Right? I pull into a mall parking lot and park. I recline the seat a let the wave of sleep consume me. I've been waiting for a peaceful rest for a long time.

I wake up hours later and decide to go into the mall. I walk into the Hot Topic and pick out some clothes, since I didn't get many when I was rushing to escape. I feel my phone beep with a notification and I check it. Shut up! The Andy Biersack just followed me. No way. What do I do! I've liked Black Veil Brides since I was a kid. So, this was a really big honor.

I go to his most recent post and tell him thank you. This is officially the best day ever. It couldn't get better than this.

____________________________
Hey!
So, this chapter deleted itself. Ugh! Hopefully this is enough like the original. Sorry about that, guys. Also, thank you @sarr119 for noticing this. Without you I would have never noticed.
- A. F. Grace