Walls come tumbling down - Tywin x Reader

My apologies for my lack of updates, but I am back; and as I haven't done one for a while, I thought that I would give you all a Tywin imagine. Enjoy 🦁

Tywin hadn't really noticed it until now, but as he sat in his chambers looking at the woman that sat in the chair that once had been empty, he realised that she had chipped away at the walls he had built up around his heart. She had done it slowly, gently, quietly, chip after chip until now the wall that had been so thick, so high, was nothing more than a mere pile of rubble, and at the top of that pile stood the new ruler of his heart, (Y/n) Tyrell.

Tywin wasn't one to trust the Tyrell's, especially (Y/n)'s grandmother, Olenna. But from the moment (Y/n) had set foot in the Red Keep, accompanying her brother Loras and sister Margaery to Kings Landing so that the younger woman could marry his grandson, Tywin had felt the foundations of his walls begin to shake, like the siege of some great castle by an overwhelming force could reduce the most formidable stronghold to rubble, so was (Y/n) Tyrell having the same effect on him.

For some reason, Tywin had believed that (Y/n) would be a nothing more than an identical copy of her younger siblings, but he had found that not only was (Y/n) distractingly beautiful, a fact that Tywin found disconcerting, but as soon as she had opened her mouth and began to speak, it was more than obvious that she was not just a pretty face; she was, in fact, the perfect woman, intelligent without equal, with a sharp wit, and highly cunning. More cunning than even her younger sister Margaery and was a true product of her grandmother's teachings.

Normally Tywin believed that women were good for cementing alliances, birthing heirs, and very little else, but during her time at the Keep, (Y/n) had proved him wrong, shaking the old man's beliefs as much as the walls of his heart. And now, now Tywin was obsessed by the beautiful younger woman. A condition that not only disturbed the Lannister patriarch but also intrigued him, the older man believing that he could never love again after the death of his beloved Joanna.

(Y/n) was as formidable as her beloved grandmother, and by rights should have been the one to marry not only Renly Baratheon, but also Joffrey, yet (Y/n) had decided that she wanted more than her brother's lover, more than a petulant child king. She wanted a strong, powerful man, a real man, and despite knowing that her grandmother did not trust Tywin, or any Lannister in fact, (Y/n) had set her sights on the old lion, the mixture of power and fear that the handsome Tywin exuded, proving a powerful aphrodisiac to the woman that was determined not to settle for second best.

From the first day, Tywin had found himself talking to (Y/n) every evening, inviting her to eat with him in his chambers, the pair sitting around the fire discussing the world as Tywin found himself lost in the breathtaking eyes of the younger woman, a woman that had begun to captivate his very soul.

Now all these long months later, as (Y/n) sat quietly reading her book, and he sipping serenely on his glass of wine, Tywin finally realised something had happened to him, something that he never believed could happen, or had ever previously desired. He had fallen in love, and he knew that there was only one thing he could do, only one thing he could say, especially given the fact that he was not the only man in Kings Landing that seemed to have taken an interest in the brunette beauty.

There had been times he had seen (Y/n) in the gardens with Baelish, the two getting too close for comfort. Other times he had seen her with his own son, Tyrion, the pair tucked away in the great library discussing only the gods knew what, and Tywin was determined that he would not lose (Y/n) to either undeservingly man. Or any man. 

"(Y/n)." Tywin said softly, as he placed his glass on the table in front of him, (Y/n) looking up from her book and smiling at him.

"Yes, my lord?" (Y/n) asked, as she slowly closed her book. Her eyes focused intently on the man before her.

"I need to tell you something. To ask you something." Tywin told her, as he straightened in his chair, feeling an uncharacteristic nervousness take over him.

"I er...... well, I ........" Tywin began, his usual calm, cool heart now racing a million miles an hour as he felt his palms begin to sweat, a thousand terrible thoughts bombarding his mind as he summoned up every ounce of courage. In battle he knew what he was doing, no man would ever dare call him a coward, but as he looked into (Y/n)'s deep grey eyes, he couldn't help but feel that the brave lion was now nothing more than a kitten that would give everything to curl up on (Y/n)'s lap and purr contentedly as she gently stroked its fur.

"I know Tywin, and I love you too." (Y/n) said calmly, as she rose from her chair, chuckling softly as she crouched down in front of a shocked Tywin, taking his face in her hands.

"You........ you love me too?" Tywin asked, trying his best to remain his usual stoic self.

"Well, I presumed that that was what you were going to say, but if I'm wrong........" (Y/n) said, slowly getting to her feet, only to be pulled back down so that she was sat on Tywin's lap.

"No, as always you are quite correct, my dear (Y/n). And......... what do you think about, in the not too distant future, you becoming lady (Y/n) Lannister?" The old lion asked, closing his eye as (Y/n)'s fingers brushed through his hair.

"If that is a Lannister version of a marriage proposal my lord, then I think that there is only one thing that I can say in reply......... Yes!" (Y/n) replied, kissing Tywin softly on the lips. Tywin knowing that his walls were now nothing more than pebbles and dust, the cold fortifications replaced by (Y/n)'s warm arms, and a whole new world.