The Snow Queen and the Bear - Jorah x Reader

I've been asked to do a soulmate imagine for Ser Jorah. Again, this is my first imagine for Jorah, so I do hope its what you wanted. Enjoy 😊

Jorah watched on as Daenerys spoke in hushed tones to Tyrion, he knew that under her outwardly calm exterior, a million emotions were fighting to break free. It had not been that long ago that a message had found its way to her informing her of something she would never have believed, and there was still a part of her that didn't.

The message concerned something that Daenerys believed that she had lost at birth, that being her twin. She was always told that the girl, that was born only moments after her had died at birth; but according to the letter, the child had in fact been scurried away as soon as it came from the womb, taken by a stranger to a place far beyond the realm of the Wildlings, far beyond what was known, to a land made of ice and snow, a place colder than anyone could imagine, there to be raised by its Queen as her own child, and now she herself was Queen of her people.

The letter had informed Daenerys that her sister was known as (Y/n), and that when she had learned of her true lineage, (Y/n) had sought to find her real family, and once she had found Daenerys she had offered to assist her sister by journeying south from her homeland, bringing with her, part of her army.

Daenerys had been preparing for days, wanting everything to be perfect for when her sibling arrived. As she finished speaking to Tyrion, the pair looked over at Jorah, as he stood patiently waiting for her to call on him.

"Ser Jorah." Daenerys called out, watching as the man came to join her and Tyrion.

"I have discussed things with Tyrion and the council, and we have no idea what is coming, we are not even sure that the letter is correct and that this Queen really is my sister; but as long as she is here she is my guest, and I wish to assign you as her protector while she is with us. If she really is my sister, you are the one I trust most to protect her with your life; I know you won't let any harm come to her, Jorah." Daenerys said, taking his hand.

"You have my word my lady that I will not let you down." Jorah said, a small smile pulling at his lips, as he bowed before Daenerys.

"My lady!" A voice came, echoing through the large hall, as a guard pushed his way through the doors, making Daenerys, Jorah and Tyrion start, as the panting man came rushing up to them, bowing as best he could.

"My lady I think that there is something that you should see. There are at least two battalions of riders making there way to us, and there's......... well there's also a dragon my lady." The man told Daenerys, as she hurriedly made her way out of the hall, with Jorah and Tyrion in tow.

As the three looked out, they saw the battalions; each man dressed in perfect white armour, astride a perfect white steed that seemed to be moving quicker than any horses should be able; but it was not the men that made the trio stare wide eyed, it was the ghostly white dragon that flew over their heads, that breathed out great breaths of frozen air, air that fell to the ground as the most delicate snowflakes.

Without thinking, Jorah looked at the soulmate mark on his wrist, the image of a small blue dragon looked back at him seeming to be a little brighter than it was before. Jorah had always thought that it must be connected to the House of Targaryen, but a blue dragon was in complete contrast to the three headed fire breathing dragon that was the Targaryen's sigil. The mark had seemed to taunt him for years, especially since no one had even seen a mark like his before; he had spent many long nights staring at the dragon, wondering whether he would ever find the woman that had been marked by the gods to be his.

Before they knew it, the battalions stood before Daenerys, Jorah and Tyrion, the steely eyes of the men staring out at the three from under their elaborate helmets. With a great swoop of wings, the mighty white dragon came to a gentle landing in front of the mass of men and horses, the men bowing their heads respectfully as it did so.