Love Again - Tyrion x Reader

(Y/n) sat bolt upright in bed, the nightmares of the war, and what she had lost, never left her; the memories of blood and death filled her every night, and as she sat in her bed, clinging to the sweat soaked sheets, she knew that there was only one thing that she could do.

Moving quietly, she placed her large cloak of fur around her cold body, as she tiptoed over to the crib near the bed to make sure that the tiny creature within, had not been disturbed. The small boy's blonde hair seemed to glisten in the moonlight, as its pale beams trickled in through the window, and kissed the small child's form.

Gently she kissed the boy on his forehead before making her way to find the one man she knew could help.

(Y/n) had moved back to the wall with her brother Jon, and the two had happily become a part of the free folk, (Y/n) in particular enjoying her new life with the people she now saw as family. Jon had been her rock and a wonderful uncle to her son Jaryion since he had been born, and (Y/n) could not have wished for a better life, the only thing missing was love.

Her husband and father of her son had left her a long time ago, seemingly desperate to return to his one true love, his sister. When Jaime had left, she had wanted the world to end, she had hoped to die in battle; but two things had kept her alive, the first was her son, and the second was Tyrion.

"(Y/n)! What are you doing up? Are you alright, is Jaryion alright?" Tyrion asked, worry evident in his voice as she stood in the doorway of his chamber.

Tyrion had been through everything with (Y/n), he was always there when she needed someone, always her shoulder to cry on; and he had happily taken on the role of caring for (Y/n) and her son, always loving the pair as if they were his own.

"Jaryion is fine, I'm sorry for disturbing you so late Tyrion, it's just......... its just the nightmares again; it seems to be getting harder and harder for me to sleep these days." (Y/n) explained apologetically, as Tyrion placed down his goblet of wine and took (Y/n)'s hand, gently pulling her into his room.

"Don't be silly (Y/n), you know I'm always here for you, no matter what the time." Tyrion said, as he sat her down, and poured her a drink.

"Why did I chose to marry Jaime and not you? Things would have been so much less painful if I had never met him." (Y/n) said, wiping the tears away that pricked at her eyes.

"Jaime was a fool, (Y/n). He didn't know what he was giving up when he left you, and you could still always marry me if you want, I am not averse to the notion." Tyrion chuckled, placing a small kiss to (Y/n)'s hand.

Tyrion watched quietly, as the reflection of the flames from the fireplace danced in her sorrowful eyes.

"Why did he marry me when he didn't love me, why did he hurt me?" (Y/n) asked, fighting back more tears as Tyrion took her face in his small hand and raised it up so that she was looking into his eyes.

"I believe with all my heart that Jaime did love you, that he never meant to hurt you; but my brother had his demons, and the biggest demon was always Cersei. I don't know why he did what he did, maybe it was love, or a sense of duty or honour, but if he was here right now, I know that he would have loved you and Jaryion." Tyrion said, as he kissed her softly on the forehead.

"(Y/n) ....... Please consider my proposal; you are free to love again, free to be with someone that loves you and Jaryion, free to enjoy the long life that you have left; I just ask that you let me be the man to be your new love." Tyrion said, feeling slightly hurt as (Y/n) pulled away.

"Are you really sure that you would want me? I'm damaged Tyrion, I have your brother's son....... could you truly look passed those things and love me?" She asked hesitantly, as Tyrion moved to her side.

"I have always loved you (Y/n), from the very beginning I have loved you; from the first moment I set eyes on you, all I wanted to do was call you my own. We are all damaged in one way or another (Y/n), its just how we live with that damage that makes us who we are; you are stronger than you think, you battle your nightmares every night yet you stay strong for everyone. You stay strong for Jon, for me, for Tormund and the rest of the Wildlings, and most importantly you stay strong for Jaryion; you have to start being kind to yourself and realise how important you are to all of us." Tyrion told her, smiling as he saw her eyes light up.

"Do you truly think that we could be happy? I don't think I could stand to lose you like I lost Jaime. I don't ever want to be the second most important thing in another Lannister's life." (Y/n) said, a sadness taking over her beautiful features.

"I swear that we would be the happiest two people in the whole of the Seven Kingdoms, and you and Jaryion have always been, and will always be the most important people in my life; I could never hurt you (Y/n), I would rather die." Tyrion told her, gripping both her hands tightly as she looked back at him.

"You are the best man that I have ever met Tyrion Lannister, you are the father that my son never had, and I don't think that I could ask for a better man to love me. So, if you really want Jaryion and me...... I would love to marry you." (Y/n) said, as Tyrion finally took her in his arms, and held her close.

"Well then my love, I believe that we should go and find your brother and get his consent; and if he does, I will marry you tomorrow, I have no desire to wait any longer to be with the woman I love." Tyrion told her, as they made their way from his chambers to go and find Jon.

The idea of opening her heart again had never been easy, but as (Y/n) looked at Tyrion she knew that loving again would be easier with him by her side.