They Don't Know

We've finished shopping and everyone's gone back to their own apartments: the boys are in theirs and us girls in ours. However, it won't be for long...the guys are getting their shit together before they trash my place and in the mean time Milly and Tilly have gone out to buy a few alcoholic beverages for the seven of us awhile I'm stuck tidying up the place.

Knock, knock

Two soft knocks come from the front door and I whip my head round, Who could that be? The guys aren't due for another couple hours and the girls have a key. I throw the throw over the back of the sofa before I make my way to the door. Cautiously, I peer through the peep hole but when I see the tall, handsome boy stood there I step back, check I look presentable and slowly open the door.

"You're two full hours early..." I say seductively as I drape my body against the door frame.

He looks at me slightly surprised yet still pleased by my manner, "How could I refrain myself?"

Suddenly, I'm pushed against a wall and I hear the door slam shut as James stares at me intensely. I look him in the eye and part my lips slightly before James heaves a deep breath and our lips meet. His tongue runs along my bottom lip begging for an entrance and I happily agree. Our lips move as one as James' hands move down my sides to my thighs. He grasps them and pulls my legs up as I wrap myself around his skinny, yet muscular torso. The kiss deepens and James carries me through to the lounge where he sits down so that I'm straddling him. As the passion increases the rest of the world disappears until his wry smile quickly flashes behind my closed eyelids.

I pull away falling back on to the floor, taking a sharp intake of oxygen before all at once I loose my breathe. My lungs gasp for breathe rapidly as James looks at me petrified. Why? Why does this still torture me? I thought I was over this, even if it did happen again recently... James slides of the sofa onto the floor as I drop my head on my knees which are pulled up to my chest. He wraps his arms around me hugging me tightly as a few tears escape my eyes.

"I'm sorry James." I sniffle through my tears before I feel a gentle touch lift my chin so that I was looking into two intoxicating, blue eyes.

"You have no reason to be sorry." he offers me a gentle smile before I slip on to my knees and delicately kiss his soft lips. "We'll take it slow; I don't mind."

"Thank you, James."

James' expression turns solemn and his smile disappears, "It's me who should thank you."

"Why?"

"For giving me a second chance..." the guilt contorts his face and he's furious with himself. "I betrayed you and you still took me back."

I remember that night and what happened but as I look back on it now I realise he hadn't done anything wrong. Bitchface, also known as Naomi, had kissed him, I mean James had told me earlier that night that he didn't like talking to her and that she looked ridiculous with her layers upon layers of foundation and fake tan. "But your first was never really over..."

"What do you mean?"

"You wouldn't kiss a girl you didn't even like speaking to, so she kissed you...I'm sorry I blamed you for it."

"De, thank you." James says to me as he lifts my chin which had dropped to look at my twiddling thumbs. He looks me straight in the eye and smiles his handsome smile. "Thank you for realising but I didn't need you to say that."

"I needed to and don't thank me; I blamed you and hurt you so much because I thought you kissed her, and..."

"Yeah it did hurt, a hell of a lot, but it's over. You've forgiven me and you've taken me back...thats all I ever wanted." I throw myself at him to hide the tears and squeeze him tightly as he returns the hug. "But De, you didn't hurt me...it was the thought of losing you that almost killed me, quite literally..."

"You wouldn't have thought you were losing me if I'd seen it was her..." I look at him and his features turn sharp as he becomes annoyed.

"Please, stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault! We simply weren't ready."

"I guess..."

"I know." James pulls my chin to him so that our lips meet and the atmosphere swiftly shifts into passion and lust. Suddenly, the door opens, the two of us pull apart and leap onto the sofa.

"We're baaaack!" Tilly shouts but then realises I'm sat in the lounge with James, "Oh you're there and hey James, you do know you're early?" James nods silently before Tilly smiles and staggers into the kitchen with the two bags of alcohol. Milly stands there and looks at us both as we try to act as normal as possible.

"You guys okay?" She asks slightly to curious for my liking.

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" James answers in a rushed voice that only makes Milly more suspicious.

"Okaaay..." Milly furrows her eyebrows and follows Tilly into the kitchen.

"James, we have to be more careful!" I whisper to him after having slapped his arm. "They don't know, remember."

"Why don't we just tell them?" James asks and he looks upset by the fact that I haven't told them yet.

"I'll tell them when I think they're ready and, when I'm ready." we aren't back together officially I mean none of us have asked yet but a lots happened so...I'm back in that stage where I don't know what we are.

"Okay, but don't leave so long that they'll find out themselves; they'll only be hurt that you didn't tell them."

"Yeah, I guess." I plant a single kiss on James' cheek and the corners of his mouth curve up into an innocent smile. I jump up off the sofa and go into the kitchen where Milly and Tilly are setting out the glasses, snacks and most importantly the alcohol.

James' P.O.V

I pull Delilah's chin up and place a delicate kiss clearing the tense atmosphere and bringing some passion into the room until the door opens. The two of us leap onto the sofa as if nothing happened and in walks Milly and Tilly with some bags full of food and alcohol.

"We're baaaack!" Tilly yells until she sees us and she giggles, "Oh you're there and hey James, you do know you're early?" I nod in reply and Tilly gives me a smile before shuffling into the kitchen. Milly, however, stands a while and analysis the situation.

"You guys okay?" She asks suspiciously.

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" I quickly snap back only making Milly look at us as if we are stupid.

"Okaaay..." Milly gives us one last confused look before following Tilly through to the kitchen.

"James, we have to be more careful!" De whispers after giving me a good knock to the arm. "They don't know, remember."

"Why don't we just tell them?" I ask her overcome by anger and upset. She looks into my eyes and takes a deep breathe.

"I'll tell them when I think they're ready and, when I'm ready."

"Okay, but don't leave so long that they'll find out themselves; they'll only be hurt that you didn't tell them."

"Yeah, I guess." She places a soft kiss on my cheek and I can't help but smile so I do before she runs off into the kitchen. It hits me again that we've not told anyone we're, wait, we aren't. How could I be so stupid? I forgot that she has to be asked. She'll never say it first. I have to ask her, tonight.

---------------------------------------------
Feel free to hate me but I'm a busy person and I'm not feeling this right now so it's just taking me a little longer but don't worry I won't leave it midway. Thanks to those of you who've gone from the start and read every chapter and then voted for each of them. Puts a smile on my face when I see the notification.
Right, I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll be posting the next one as soon as possible and if I don't please nag me.
Thanks again, love you heaps, Fin!😘