How Could You?

Me and Charlie have been sat on the roof for about half an hour now and nobodies leaving yet including Naomi, unfortunately, so I guess the party's just as wild as when I left.

"Shall we go join the party or do you have to leave?" I ask Charlie hopeful that he'll be staying.

"Nah I can stay for another half hour yet! Are you sure you wanna go back down, she may still be here?" Charlie asked giving me a cautious smile.

"Yeah, I can't let her have all the fun at my party now can I?"

"I guess not!" Charlie and I stood up and went downstairs. We went into the lounge where there were people dancing with those red plastic cups you get at parties and others sat down just talking. We joined the dancers and I said hey to a few people who had the decency to say hello to me. When setting up in the lounge we had cleared a space for a kind of stage for the boys in case they decided to do some live music, which strangely they were now about to do.

"Hey guys, hope you're enjoying the party kindly set up by ourselves, Milly, Tilly and Delilah!" Brad said as he adjusted the mic to the correct height. Milly and Tilly were now stood next to me and Charlie as everyone applauded us. I saw Naomi stood right at the front pulling a disgusted look at us and returned it with a fake smile. She quickly flipped her hair behind her shoulder and flicked her head round to look at James who had just found me in the crowd and was now smiling at me. I then saw him mouth the words 'I'm sorry' to me and I nodded to reassure him that it was okay before going on to make a love heart with my hands and place them around his head. "Now we're going to play you guys a song that we wrote called Can We Dance and I wanna see you all dancing!"

"Wooh!" Tris cheered from behind his drums and threw a wink Tilly's way which she quickly returned before giggling.

Me, Milly, Tilly and Charlie quickly got to dancing as we heard Brad's gentle voice...

I talk a lot of shit when I'm drinking baby, I'm known to go a little too fast...

We all cheered as the drums kicked in and jumped a little more. Connor was doing the jump he does, you know, the one where he keeps his legs together and plays his bass whilst nodding his head? Tris was shaking his head a lot whilst he really got into his drumming, Brad was leaning into the mic and constantly smiling cheekily at Milly as she danced dazed by his voice. Then James, my James, stared at me the whole song and would grin when he sang the chorus.

The song finished and the crowd cheered including those who had been sat down.

"I'm going to speak to James!" I shouted to Milly, Tilly and Charlie. I turned and made my way through the crowd in an attempt to find my boyfriend. When I finally found him I wasn't as happy as I thought I'd be...

"James?" I mumbled just loud enough for him to hear me.

"Delilah...it's not what it looks like...she...it was..." James stuttered unable to get the truth out.

James' P.O.V

We played pretty well if I do say so myself! Now where is my gorgeous girlfriend?

Before I could find her the consistent face of Naomi appeared right in front of my face and startled me.

"Naomi...hey?" I said trying to sound pleased to see her even though I clearly wasn't.

"Hey. You played amazingly!" She said to me un-phased by my tone.

"Thanks, if you'll excuse me..." I turned away and rolled my eyes. Just as I saw what looked like Delilah's jet black hair a hand grasped my arm and pulled me back. Before I knew it my lips were pressed against someone else's and unfortunately they weren't the plump ones I usual have the luck to kiss...

"James?" I heard a faint voice mumble and I turned to see the one and only...

"Delilah..." I manage to get out and my min ran frantic "It's not what it looks like...she...it was..." I couldn't get the words out and her eyes started to glisten in the lights. I'll never forget the way she looked at me in that moment, the look of horror. Before I could continue she turned and ran back into the crowd and he disappeared from my view.

I could feel myself welling up but didn't let myself as I heard the quiet chuckle coming from Naomi's foul mouth. "You did that in purpose!" I didn't even look at her for if I did I would've punched her so hard she wouldn't see the light for at least a week! I may have lost my one true love because of that bitch!

"I did no such thing James, it was all you." She said smugly and I felt my fist clench by my side. I couldn't stop myself and went to swing for her but my arm was stopped by a pair of hands. I was quickly pulled back but she just stood there arms folded and that stupid smirk on her face.

"Let me at her, she deserves it!" I yelled as I was dragged further away from her. "Aaaahhhhh! Let me go, let me go!" the anger was building up inside me and tears streamed down my face.

"James she's not worth it! James, please." I heard Connor plea as Tris who was dragging me sat me down.

"No Con, she deserves what she gets!" I went to get up but Tris pushed me back down. The tears flowed faster and I dropped my head in my hands. I started sobbing uncontrollably. "She's gone, she ran off...I need to find her!" I tried yet again to get up but was yet again sat back down.

"You need to let her calm down, you need to calm down!" Tris reassured me. I looked at both Con and Tris and both looked just as hurt as Delilah had just before she turned to run.

"I didn't do anything, but she had the nerve to blame me. I didn't do anything..." I just sobbed more and more unable to stop. My thoughts began to run away with me. What will I do? How will I fix this?

"I need you Delilah..."

Delilah's P.O.V

It's freezing out here but I can't go back in there and face him or her.

I've been sat outside Milly's house on the curb for about five minutes and people are starting to leave but nobody has stopped to ask why I'm crying my eyes out. Why would they, none of them like me anyway?

"So we're outside in the cold again are we?"

"I'm not in the mood, Charlie." I snapped back and he sat next to me. I felt his long warm arm wrap around my shoulder and pull me in.

"I hate seeing you like this..."

"I hate you seeing me like this..." The tears ran down my cheek as I stared into the empty sky. The stars had vanished almost like they represented the relationship that had just been crushed by something from the past. "Charlie..."

"Yes?"

"Why?"

"I honestly don't know but, hey, you've got me and Milly and Tilly, so don't you go breaking down on us now." Charlie pulled me in tighter and kissed me on my temple for reassurance.

Memories that me and James had shared during our time together ran through my mind. The day we met when all he had on was his towel, the day he bought me docs, the day we first kissed, the day he...gave me this necklace. I took the necklace in my hands and stared at it for a while. The engraved writing on the front bringing tears to my eyes...

'Delilah & James, 12/11/2013'

...the writing on the back even more so...

'You're the tune to my melody, the Delilah to my Lah'

After staring at it for a good minute I rip it from my neck and let it slide from my hand onto the pavement.

Not any more...

----------------------------------------------

Feel free to leave a comment asking why I haven't updated in so long but I have exams and a hell of a lot of work. I am going to try my best to write more often but I'm also lacking in some inspiration but I have some ideas for future chapters. So until next time my fellow Wattpad users!

P.s thanks to everyone who has voted for any of my chapters and added my story to their reading list it means a lot I may start giving shout outs to those who add my story to their reading list comment if you like that idea!

Thanks Fin! 😘