In The City

All four of us headed out of my apartment saying goodbye to my dad in the way out.

Me, James and Connor piled into James' car and Connor let me sit in the front, which I thought was really sweet of him. The others went in Tristan's car.

When we got to the high street we all piled out and gathered together.

"So, where to first?" I asked eager to see the shops they had here.

"Well, what's a shop you've never been to before?" Brad asked me.

"I've never been in Chanel..."

"We'll go there then!" James said as if he were amused by my choice.

We wandered over to Chanel and felt intimidated by the sight of the guards. We walked in and I didn't know what to expect.

We spent about 5 minutes in there and I walked out with the boys laughing behind me.

"Well, I hated that!" I snapped angrily.

The boys were in hysterics at my reaction as I stood there with my arms crossed.

"Are you finished?"

"One minute, one minute!" Tristan said whilst curling over laughing.

They finally stopped wiping the tears from their eyes.

"The staff were looking at me as if I was some piece of dirt and when I went towards them they'd walk away! And then..."

"Delilah!" James shouted at me to stop me from ranting. I then realised that I had begun to pace back and forth.

We then decided to set off walking down the high street.

We had been walking for about 2 minutes when I saw a Dr Martens. I grabbed James' wrist without thinking and pulled him towards the shop. The others followed realising that I wasn't going to stop.

I didn't let go of James' wrist until I saw a pair of dark green Dr Martens that I had been wanting for ages!

When I let go I saw him rub his wrist.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't realise I was holding your wrist that tight! In fact I'm sorry I even grabbed your wrist!" I said feeling guilty.

"It's fine, just less tight next time!" James said laughing. "So, I'll take it you like docs then?"

"Yea just a bit." I laughed a little whilst saying it.

"You like these ones?" He asked pointing to the green docs I was holding.

I nodded with a huge grin on my face. then they were gone and I saw James running off with them. I ran after him stopping dead in my tracks when he stopped at the till.

I began running again to try and stop him.

"James you don't have to!" I shouted to him from across the shop but I was to late the lady put them in a box, then in a bag and handed it to James.

James turned around grinning from ear to ear.

"What did you do that for?" I asked punching him gently on the arm.

"Just to say welcome!" he said handing over the bag.

"...But they're like a hundred pounds!" I said back still in shock.

I went to take the bag off of him but he snatched it back. James then linked my arm and walked me out of the shop. The boys were all stood there arms folded looking at us with that look you give someone when you can tell they fancy someone.