iwaoi

this definitely isn't me neglecting my actual stories..no way...
_________________________________
isn't it nice

to have someone

8 years old-

"iwa-chan we can always go home to each other..right?" oikawa asked as he tossed the ball to his shorter friend. "yeah shittykawa." oikawa gasped. "i told you to stop calling me that meanie." a soft chuckle was heard from the darker haired boy as he stared at his friend. a bright blush visible on both boys faces.

"do you promise iwa-chan?" a slight smile spread across iwaizumis face.

"i promise."

10 years old-

"iwaaaaa-channnn." iwaizumi huffed as he turned around to see his friend with tears in his eyes. he quickly rushed to his friend to see what was wrong. iwaizumi gripped the boys face staring deep into his eyes. "what's wrong oikawa?" a slight smirk spread across the lighter haired boys small face. "you didnt call me crappykawa." a slight blush was now visible on iwaizumis face.

"why are you crying shittykawa?" oikawa huffed in response blowing his cheeks up in frustration. "meanie...do you still say we can always come home to each other?" iwaizumi chuckled and let go of his friends night red face. "yes shittykawa. now let's go before we're late for school." iwaizumi said gripping onto his friends shoulder as he walked on.

"wait iwa-chan!"

"what?"

"do you promise?"

"i promise."

13 years old-

"iwa-channn. you know you can always come home to me when your hurt right?" oikawa asked leaning against the wall where his friend sat. iwaizumi looked over at him. his eyes red. his cheeks stained from tears. and soft silent sobs still vibrating thru his body. "why'd you say that oikawa?" oikawa chuckled as he scooted closer to his friend.

"well you hurt you ankle." he pointed at his friends ankle before wrapping his body around the others. "and you can always come to me when your hurt." iwaizumi chuckled before resting his head on the torches shoulder. resting in each other's comfort they knew they could always go back home to each other.

"oikawa you promise right?"

"i promise love."

15 years old-

"you idiot! you can always tell me when something is wrong! don't fucking hide it. it won't do you any good!" iwaizumi yelled at his broken looking friend. his eyes were now red. his cheeks were now tear stained. he was the one now hurt. more sobs emerged from the young boy as he wrapped himself in a warm blanket.

"i know iwa-chan..but." iwaizumi furiously stomped over to his best friend. "no buts. you come home to me when your hurting. do you understand dummy?" he asked as he sat next to the other. oikawa couldn't choke out any words so instead he sobbed. he uncontrollably sobbed. iwaizumi wrapped his arms around the boy. taking in iwaizumis warmth began to calm down.

"iwa-chan?"

"yes shittykawa."

"you promise?"

"i promise."

17/18 years old-

they won. karasuno won. leaving oikawa and iwaizumi broken. lost.

"oikawa.." iwaizumi approached his broken looking friend as he tended to his knee. "it hurts iwa-chan. i thought we were gonna win..and my knee hurts too. but i'm sorry..i'm sorr-" before he could say anything else iwaizumi grabbed the boy and cradled him in his arms. finally oikawa could cry.

it truly hurt.

"you always can come back to me idiot. okay?" iwaizumi said as he rubbed circles on the others back. oikawa only let out more sobs in response but iwaizumi knew he was agreeing. "iwa-chan i'm sorry." iwaizumi shook his head. "we all played a part in it. okay?" oikawa only shook his head in response.

"i love you tōru."

"i love you too hajime."

"now you gotta do something for me shittykawa."

"okay..?"

"you always gotta come home to me. okay? no matter how far away we are from each other we're always each other's home. right?"

"yes."

"so you promised tōru?"

"i promise hajime."

some years later-

"goodnight princess." iwaizumi laid a shaft kiss on his daughters pale forehead before leaving the dark room. "shittykawa. did you make the tea?" iwaizumi aksed quietly walking into his slightly lit bedroom. "yes iwa-chan." iwaizumi chuckled as he sat down on his bed taking the cup of tea from his husband.

"you know your also iwa-chan tōru?" oikawa huffed. "i know dummy. i just love saying iwa-chan..hajime." a bright red blush painted across iwaizumis cheeks appeared.

"hey iwa-chan..can i ask you something?" iwaizumi ran his hand thru his husbands light hair before answering. "of course." oikawa took a deep breath.

"you will always come home to me...correct?"

iwaizumi laughed before leaning down and panting a quick kiss on his husband forehead.

"of course shittykawa. did i or did i not promise?"

you can always

come home to?
_________________________________
i liked this idea before i decided to write it now i kinda hate it but whatever..
here's the art i based it off of loosely-

also i couldn't find the original @ so if someone knows it please comment it so i can give creds to them