Chapter 40: 2 Students, 1 Stone

Start from the beginning

Celeste: That was... the body discovery announcement.

Makoto: When three or more people discover a body after a murder... that's what plays...

Hina: And since we just heard it... t-that means...!

Celeste: It must mean... Leon... s-someone killed him. One of us...

Makoto: One of... us?

Celeste: And... look at that.

When Celeste said that, she pointed at something.

Something on the floor...

Something that had also been on the floor after the last 2 surprise attacks...

Another hammer...

Justice Hammer 3...

And it was bigger than the last 2.

Celeste: Just as I suspected. One strike from that, and you are finished...

Makoto: Then the killer...

Celeste: There can be no doubt. The suspicious individual... must be the robot costumed man. Whoever's hiding in that costume is the one that killed Leon!

Makoto: But... wait... y-you saw him on the 3rd floor, right? Running back into the hall... so, how did he end up in the nurse's office? You're not saying that they, like, teleported or something, right?

Celeste: We can figure that part out later. Right now, we have to tell the others.

Makoto: Y-You're right.

Celeste: Then, shall we go?

Hina: ...

Hina stood there, unmoving. 

Celeste: Hina, snap out of it.

Hina: ... Huh?

Makoto: Are you okay, Hina?

Hina: S-Sorry... I'm not sure I can move right now... I-I'm feeling kinda...

She had her shaky hands up to her mouth, her pale face and eyes focused centrally on Leon's corpse.

Celeste: This is a problem. We can't just leave Hina here alone.

Makoto: Okay, then I'll go get everyone. You stay here with Hina.

Celeste: ... Very well. I leave it to you, then.

Makoto: Okay! I'll be back soon!

Makoto says as he leaves the medical room, trying his best to sound confident.

But, out of sight, his hands were trembling out of fear.

---------------

On the 3rd floor, Makoto runs deep into the hall in search of the rest of the group.

Makoto: Way... into the back of the hallway, huh...?

Keeping that in mind, he dashes all the way to the back of the said hallway.

And, he finds himself inside the physics lab.

Makoto: ...

There was no one there, as far as the eye could see.