Chapter 9: The Calm Before the Storm

Hey ya'll, Carter here! I'm back to writing for this book, but I'll post a short chapter for today as I've been recently out of touch with writing and I'm just doing this chapter to get back into the groove of things. Without further ado, let's get into it!

---------------

Ding Dong! Bing Bong!

Monokuma: Good morning everyone! It is now 7 AM and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!

Waking up to the irritating voice of Monokuma, I arose from where I slept. Getting out of bed, I started to do my daily stretches to get myself going for the day.

Apollo: It's already the 4th day, huh? Damn, time flies fast.

I'm not sure how I felt about it, really. We've slept here for 3 nights now at Hope's Peak Academy, the school for Ultimate Talent. The school, full of hope and joy to the public eye, but full of dark and driveling despair to us.

Finishing my stretches, I grabbed my uniform and hoodie. But, right as I put those 2 on, my doorbell rang.

DING DONG!

Apollo: Eh? Who could that be? Is that Sayaka or Makoto?

Walking towards the door and opening it up, the person that entered the room was someone I did not expect to see in the slightest.

Taka: A fantastic morning, isn't it!?

Apollo: Taka!? 

Taka: Now then, if you'll pardon the interruption...!

Without waiting for a reply, he barges into my room.

Apollo: Hey! I didn't allow you to-!

Kiyotaka: Quite an organized room you have here! It seems you do possess quite clean habits. I'm sure your mother would be proud!

Apollo: Uh-huh, I'm sure she would. What in the hell are you doing here?

Taka: Well, I was thinking about it last night, and... I decided we all really need to come together. And that was when I realized... Every morning from now on, after the morning announcement, everyone should have breakfast together! And now is the beginning of that fateful day! Please head to the dining hall at your earliest convenience!

Apollo: Wait-

Taka: That's all for now! I have to go let everyone else know the good news!

Apollo: I haven't said if I agree or n-Aaaaand he's gone.

Sure enough, as fast as he came in, Taka left the room to go tell "the good news". Seriously, what's up with him? 

Apollo: Well, I was gonna head to the hall anyway so... Might as well.

After heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face, I grabbed my room key and walked out of my room. Locking the door, I could see that some students were also getting out of their rooms. Some had a fresh face, others weren't as cheery. But, I didn't see Makoto nor Sayaka, so wordlessly, I walked into the Dining Hall.

As I went inside, the rest of the students were already settled there. I could see that Makoto and Sayaka were already seated, the two of them busy chatting about something. So, I walked over to them.