Chapter 46: The 2nd Spy

(Sayaka's POV)

DING DONG! BING BONG!

As I awoke to the sound of the morning announcement, I drowsily got out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

Looking at myself in the frame, washing off the makeup the other day, I let out a sigh.

"Another day, another life in this depressing school..."

Taking a shower and putting on some fresh makeup for the day, the memories from the other day slowly came back to me.

About Alter Ego's new information, about Junko's outburst, about Monokuma's terrifying, departing words...

But, the one that stuck out to me the most... was Apollo's last messages before leaving the dressing room.

"Good luck? Backstab? Bad time...? What do all those mean? Surely he wouldn't just say that with no meaning, right?"

Putting that thought to the back of my mind, I zoned back into reality to finish my makeup, before leaving for the dining hall.

---------------

When I arrived at the dining hall, the first thing I noticed was...

Toko.

Toko: W-What are you staring at...?

Sayaka: T-Toko...?

The book writer glances at me with disgust.

Toko: What, you think y-your eyes will rot just by l-looking at me? Fine, then DON'T look at me!

Makoto: U-Umm... I-I think she's just surprised to see you here for breakfast...

Sakura: Indeed. It's been quite a while since you joined us.

Hina: Yeah, what made you change your mind?

Toko: B-Byakuya said he... l-likes a girl to have some meat o-on her bones, so... I'm gonna start eating! I'm gonna force it d-down into my stomach! I'm gonna eat till I d-drop!

"I-I think that's just an excuse for you to leave him alone..."

Hina: I refuse to l-lose!

Sakura: I wouldn't do that if I were you...

Sayaka: Well, other than that... it looks like Junko and Kyoko aren't here...

Hina: Oh, Kyoko said she'll come later. RIGHT, after Makoto leaves.

I worriedly glance at Makoto, his gaze tilted down and away.

"She's not even trying it anymore..."

I wouldn't think that Kyoko would be that mad at Makoto... I mean, I've gotten over it, but she hasn't?

"Kyoko... what's wrong with you...?"

Hina: Makoto, I'm sure Sayaka told you to show some backbone, but you didn't need to show her THAT much! You're dirty, Makoto! Dirty! President Dirty of Dirtlandia!