Chapter 20: Enjoying the Game?

We all stood out of our chairs and went out the Dining Hall to search for Byakuya.

"Where could he have gone, I wonder? I have a feeling that he might be on the 2nd floor, but..."

Dashing up the stairs, ignoring the cries of Taka, I ran towards the library.

And, when I opened it up...

I was met with a sudden surprise.

"B-Byakuya...!?"

---------------

Lying in the middle of the library, smacked dab in his own pool of blood...

...was Byakuya Togami.

...

...

...

(A/N: Hah! Ya'll thought!)

When I opened the doors of the library, I saw Byakuya Togami, as casual as ever, sat down on a chair, reading a book. He also had a hand on a coffee mug, placed down on the table.

"What did I even expect?"

Apollo: So this is where you were, eh?

Byakuya: Tch. What do you want?

Apollo: To call you down for breakfast. Everyone here's scrambling to know where you've been. Some of them thought you died.

Byakuya: Psh. That's hilarious. 

Apollo: I'll say. Anyways, what are you even doing here?

Byakuya: What does it look like I'm doing? I'm reading, obviously.

Apollo: Save that for another time. We all did make promises to eat together at the Dining Hall.

Byakuya: ... A promise? (Sigh) Can't I get a second's peace and quiet around here?

Apollo: Nope.

Letting out another sigh, he closes his book shut and stands up.

Meanwhile, some others must've heard our commotion, as they all started showing up at the doorway one after another.

Taka: Byakuya! So this is where you've been hiding!

Leon: The hell are you doing over here?

Sakura: We were very concerned...

Byakuya: Well, you had no reason to be. I was just reading. I've never read such a... coarse novel before, but it might just prove useful at some point.

Hina: Wh-What were you reading?

Byakuya: A mystery novel.

"Yikes."

Apollo: So you're simply gonna absorb that book's knowledge and use it to kill one of us, eh?