Chapter 16: Revealing Truths

"So, where to now?"

We both glanced at the source of the voice, Sayaka.

Apollo: I mean, we've investigated as much as we could here, right?

Makoto: Yeah, I'm pretty much satisfied with what I've gathered up.

Sayaka: Same here. We have the lint roller, the bathroom door, the glass shards, and more.

Apollo: Then, let's discuss what we should do next. 

We all then started plotting where to go next. Eventually, Makoto spoke up.

Makoto: I think we should split up. We divide and find more clues that way.

Sayaka: That's a smart idea! 

Apollo: Yeah, it sure is. And, since both of you ain't the murderer, we don't risk losing evidence.

Makoto: So, we're going with my idea then?

Apollo: Yeah. Let's split.

---------------

After splitting with Makoto and Sayaka, I started wandering around the halls, thinking to myself where I should go next.

"It's prolly obvious that Makoto or Sayaka will explore Hiro's room, so I should go somewhere else. But... where?"

Mindlessly wandering, I eventually found myself in front of the trash room.

"The trash room? Hmm... It won't hurt checking it out, I guess."

Heading inside the trash room, the first thing I noticed was a huge metal gate standing in front of me.

"Well, there's no way through here, I guess."

???: It's the end of the line.

Apollo: Waoh!

Turning around, I see Monokuma by the door.

Monokuma: The trash room. This is where all the trash in the school eventually winds up.

Apollo: ...So I've noticed. 

I then point towards the metal gate.

Apollo: So, how does one open the gate? Last time I was here with Hifumi, there ain't no gate standing in the way.

Monokuma: You can't. Only the person on cleaning duty can enter beyond this gate.

Apollo: Cleaning duty? So, Hifumi was on cleaning duty that day... So, who's the one on cleaning duty today? 

Monokuma: You can't. Only the person on cleaning duty can enter beyond this gate.

Apollo: Erm, what? I think you misheard me.

Monokuma: You can't. Only the person on cleaning duty can enter beyond this gate.

Apollo: You're... messing with me.