Threes

29 years ago today we lost the legend that is Freddie Mercury, I only discovered Queen's music after the film came out but I instantly fell down the Queen rabbit hole and I don't want to leave. Freddie, you are so missed and I so often wonder what life and music would be like today if you were still around. RIP

On a happier note Happy Birthday to the gorgeous Gwilym Lee our Brian May clone.

They say that bad things happen in three's and that seems to be the case for the father-daughter duo in the weeks of October. The first thing was at the beginning of the month.

One thing Amelia loves more than anything is playing hide and seek with the cats, by hide and seek it really means the cats minding their own business in different spots around the house while Amelia finds them.

With Jim in Ireland for the month and Freddie on an important phone call with Miami, she is amusing herself trying to find them. Like always Romeo follows her around so he was easy to find, she took her time but eventually, she found all of the cats but Tom and Jerry.

She toddles to Jerry's bedroom last and finds them both curled up together on the windowsill, "Found you!" she giggles stroking the two cats. But when neither of them reacts or move Amelia frowns, "Jerry? Tom?" She scratches behind Jerry's ear a place that always gets him to at least lift his head without fail but nothing.

Tears sting the corner of Amelia's eyes, Freddie had told no one to disturb him but this is an emergency. Padding downstairs to the music room, where he is taking the phone call, she nervously opens the door and just waits for him to see her.

Freddie was mid-conversation when he noticed her by the door, tears running down her face, "Miami, would you mind holding for a moment?"

"Not at all, is there a problem?"

"Possibly, hold on a minute," Freddie puts the phone on the side and kneels in front of Amelia, "What's the matter sweetheart? Are you hurt?" He looks her over for any sign of injury.

She shakes her head, "Tom and Jerry, not moving."

Freddie picks up the phone again, "Miami, I'm sorry I'm going to have to go, there's something wrong with the cats." Finishing the call the duo go back to Jerry's room.

"See," she points Tom and Jerry are in the same spot, Freddie touches both the cats but instantly feels their cold, stillness. No rise and fall of them breathing, no movement upon being fussed in their favourite spots. Nothing.

He immediately rang the vet's and he is with them in the hour and confirms Freddie's fear that they have passed away. Amelia cries into Freddie's chest and the singer cries too.

She wouldn't let Romeo out of her sight for the rest of the day in fear that something would happen to him too.

Freddie was extremely sad about the lost but he reminds himself that Tom and Jerry lived to a good age and had full luxury in the last years of their lives.

------

The second thing happened a few days later. Like most mornings Amelia toddles from her bed to Freddie and Jim's room to see if her dad is awake.

Amelia now sleeps in a toddler bed since she learnt how to climb out of her crib. Wanting to lower the risks of her falling and hurting herself, Freddie brought her the new bed.

She actually no trouble in the new bed, she sleeps through the night with Romeo curled up at the end of her and only comes to Freddie's room if she has a nightmare or in the mornings to wake him up, which is hardly ever before 7:30am.

Reaching on her tiptoes Amelia turns the handle and pushes it open letting Romeo in first before following. Climbing up onto Jim's empty side of the bed, she crawls across to her dad.