D-Day

1st March 2021

Amelia is at home on facetime with Rosie, Gwilym has gone food shopping taking Taylor with him to give her some me-time. Freddie is upstairs doing his schoolwork, "He's so sweet, Rosie. You enjoying motherhood?"

Rosie gave birth to a little boy on the 2nd of February, Joshua Joseph Mazzello, "I love it. I'm tired, we both are but we're so glad he's here. He's perfect."

"How are you finding it, Joe?" Amelia looks behind Rosie where Joe is cradling their son, "Like being a dad?"

He smiles looking genuinely happy, "Like Rosie, I love it."

"You decided on Josh in the end?" The last time they spoke, they were struggling to pick his name.

Rosie pouts, "I wanted to call him Tim but Joe wouldn't let me."

Joe rolls his eyes, "I was not calling my son Tim. Just because I was in Jurassic Park doesn't mean I'm obsessed with it."

"How are you getting on, Milly? Not long now, how are along are you?"

"38 weeks, but if Freddie or Taylor are anything to go by I have another week or two," While she's talking, Amelia felts a contraction like pain squeezing her stomach. "I'm going to have to cut this call short, I'm afraid, sorry. I think I need a nap."

"Don't worry," Rosie smiles, understanding the sudden need for a nap, "I'll talk to you again soon. Maybe they'll be a baby with you the next time."

"Maybe," Amelia bites her lip. Could be very soon indeed if she has another contraction like that, she prays it's just Brixton Hicks.

Ending the call she heads upstairs to Freddie's room, "Freddie? I'm going to have a nap, okay?"

"Are you alright mum?" The boy looks up from his work worried something was wrong. Gwilym had a quiet word with him earlier, asking him to keep an eye on his mum while he's out.

"Of course, baby," She kisses his hair smiling, "I'm just a little tired. If you need me though come and get me okay?" Reaching her room she closes the curtains and gets changed into one of Gwilym t-shirts.

------

Gwilym got home and the house is quiet he sits Taylor in front of the TV, telling her to stay there and then brings the shopping in. He quickly puts the shopping away then goes upstairs.

"Freddie, you getting on with your work okay?" He pushes Freddie's bedroom open. Freddie is concentrating on his work but turns to his dad.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"Good. Where's your mum, buddy?"

"She said she was going for a nap."

"Okay, don't forget to take a break if you need one, yeah?" He doesn't want the poor boy walking himself to death. He leaves Freddie to it and walks down the hall to his room.

Pushing the door open Amelia is fast asleep under the covers, hogging his and her side of the bed, he gently shakes her shoulder, "Milly?" He calls softly.

Amelia stirs stretching her arms and legs out, "What time is it?"

"Nearly three o'clock. Are you feeling alright? Freddie said you needed a nap."

"Yeah, I just needed some sleep. I feel better now, where's Taylor?" She feels like she's hardly seen her daughter lately. Gwilym's took over looking after her the past few weeks so that Amelia can rest as much as possible before the baby comes.

He takes her hands helping her sit up, "She's downstairs, watching some TV."

"Okay, I think I'm going to have a bath. My back is killing me," She gets undressed while he starts running the bath for her, adding some bubble bath, "You know how to treat a girl," She chuckles.