Wedding Day: Part 1

The evening before their wedding, Amelia arrived at her parents with Freddie in tow. The bridal party are getting ready here while the groom's party will get ready at the Lodge. Rory, Rhiannon, Ceinwen and little Carys will join her in the morning.

Amelia hung up Freddie's suit while the boy brushes his teeth, "Done!" He comes running back in, grinning to show his clean teeth.

"Good boy, into bed. We have a big day tomorrow," She doesn't bother to tuck him in. The weather is very warm this summer and she knows he'll kick the duvet off, so she throws a light blanket over him.

Sitting on the edge of his bed, she passes him Tigger, "You excited for tomorrow?"

"Yes! Does this mean that from tomorrow Gwilym is officially my stepdad?"

"After the ceremony, we will officially be husband and wife so yes, that makes him officially your stepdad." She doesn't want to give up her Mercury name but she also wants to be Mrs Lee, so they agreed in the end to hyphenated their surnames.

"I've been telling my friends at school that I will have a dad from tomorrow. Do you think I'll get a little sister soon?"

"Oh, I don't know how soon that would be. You may get a younger sibling but I can't guarantee it will be a sister. Could you live with having a little brother?"

"I suppose so," He sighs dramatically, settling into his pillow.

Kissing his forehead, she turns out the lamp, "I'll see you in the morning, sweet dreams baby."

Pulling the door to she goes back downstairs, joining Anita and Brian in the living room. Picking up her glass of wine, she sits next to her mum, "I can't believe you're getting married tomorrow," Anita grins.

"Neither can I but I can't wait either." The idea of being Gwilym's wife is a dream come true, after Michael she never thought she'd find anyone else, let alone get married.

"You're happy to marry him then?" Brian looks away from the nature documentary they're watching.

"I would have married him the moment he proposed, but we both wanted the wedding," She trails off finishing the last of her wine.

"Well, I'm going up to bed," Anita stands yawning, "Tomorrows going to be a busy day. I'll see you in the morning."

Waiting for her to leave, Amelia turns back to Brian, "Can I ask you something?"

Brian smiles, turning the TV off, "Anything."

"I've been meaning to ask you since I got engaged, but I kept forgetting. Will you walk me down the aisle tomorrow?"

"I'll admit I hoped you would ask, but I didn't want to push you." He would have understood if she chose to walk alone.

"Biological or not you raised me. Of course, I'd give anything for my dad to be here but you are my second dad, a dad is that person in your life that teaches you right from wrong, is there in the big and small moments of life and that I can count on. You're certainly all of those things." He kept her from going down a dark path after her dad died, pushing aside his own struggles for the first few years to look after her.

Brian reaches out to squeeze her hand, "I'd be honoured to give you away."

"Thank you, now I'm going to bed myself. I don't want to be yawning during my own wedding. Night." She puts her glass in the kitchen sink and heads up to bed.

------

Sat with the letter in her hand, Amelia is pretty sure she's the only one awake. It's half seven and she's sat on her bed with her dad's wedding day letter in hand. It's the last letter in the box, after she reads this, there will be no more of her dad's words to read.