Baby: Part 1

I just learnt that Roger Taylor had a cat called Ziggy, does anyone know if this is true?

"I can't believe you're finally doing it," Amelia beams sat talking to Anita in the living room, "You're actually going to be on Strictly Come Dancing. It's a good job most babies don't arrive on their due date."

"Why?" Anita frowns.

"It's the launch show on the 10th isn't it?"

"Oh god I didn't think about that," Anita panics grabbing her phone, "I can tell them I can't do the launch show?"

"No don't, I don't think this one is going to be must longer. I hope not anyway," At 39 weeks Amelia has had enough, she can't go more than an hour without needing to pee and her hips have started hurting the last few days.

"Yes well if he hasn't arrived within the next few days I'll ring and tell them." Anita puts her phone back and continues, "Anyway, they've asked me three times now so I thought it was about time I said yes."

"You man, about time you make Brian jealous by having a big strong man twirl you around the dance floor since he won't?" Amelia teases checking her phone, she going out with Rory to get some last-minute things for the baby and she waiting for her to pick her up since Amelia can't drive any longer.

Brian and Roger are in a meeting with Miami at the office, something to do with the film.

"Don't tease him about that, not everyone is a dancer. Are you okay with him doing that?" Anita chuckles, pointing to Prince who's lay on top of Amelia's bump.

Prince loves her baby bump and likes to lie on top of it, sometimes kneading it. She checked with her midwife that it was okay of course, "The midwife said it was fine, won't hurt the baby and I find his purring quite soothing. I think it's sweet too." She fusses him and he head butts her cheek purring loudly.

Her phone then dings saying Rory is outside, "Oh sorry buddy your going to have to move, I got to go out," He meows in protest not willing to move so she lifts him off herself.

Anita gives her a hand to stand, "Please be careful and I've got my phone on loud should you need me."

"I will I promise. I'll see you later," Amelia slips her feet into her shoes and heads out to the car.

------

She enjoyed shopping with Rory, Amelia loves her parents but for the past week she felt like they were smothering her, especially since she started having Brixton Hicks contractions.

"You alright?" Rory asks as they come out of the shop. They'd been out most of the afternoon and that's enough for Amelia.

"Yeah, I'm okay but think I've had enough shopping for today," Her back is killing her and so are her feet.

Rory nods, she expected her to give up sooner, "Home then?"

"Yes... oh actually no. Would you mind if we nip to the lodge? I brought a bag of baby clothes a few days ago but stopped via the Lodge to talk to Phoebe and left it there, I can put the new lamp in the nursery too," She wants it for when the baby arrives.

"No, I don't mind. I'd love to see the nursery," Rory's heard about it from her dad and she's dying to see it. They get back into the car and drive towards Garden Lodge.

During the journey, Amelia felt an uncomfortable Brixton Hicks contraction but rubbing her bump the pain eases off so she ignores it.

At the Lodge Rory grabs the lamp out of the boot then follows Amelia into the house, "Wow, I forgot how big this place was." Rory hasn't seen this place since she was 4.