A Reunion

So this chapter is set a little bit ahead of the present day. It's based on if the government sticks to its road map and all covid restrictions are gone for the UK on the 21st of June.

This is the last chapter.

All covid restrictions in the UK have been lifted and a week after freedom is restored a reunion of sorts is happening at Roger's. He's got the biggest garden so he gladly offered.

Rami, Adam, Joe, Rosie and little Josh have come across from America and Gwilym's parents have come down Sutton-Cold-Field.

Arriving at Roger's, Amelia couldn't help giving Roger the tightest hug, "Good to you again, Uncle Rog."

"Lovely to see you all too. This must be Thomas?" Roger looks to the baby boy fast asleep in his car seat.

Thomas is now 3 and a half months old, his cheeky personality is already starting to show through but he sleeps and eats well. Like Freddie, Thomas favours his mum much to Taylor's delight because it means she has her dad all to herself. Gwilym adores his new son as much as his other two children.

"Yes, this is Thomas, though we tend to call him Tommy." This is the first time anyone has met Thomas, they're finally getting to meet little Josh and they get to meet Rory's little boy Jamie.

"Can I have a hold?" Roger waits for Amelia to unclip the boy from his car seat then take him in his hold, "He looks like you Gwilym." Thomas favours his dad's looks, same smile, features and hair colour but he has Amelia's eyes.

Taylor, now she's growing she favours Amelia's looks, dark hair, skin colour but she has Gwilym's eyes and smile.

Freddie of course is just a mini version of Freddie Mercury himself. The more he grows the more he looks like his granddad.

Going through to the garden, Ceinwen is the first to take Thomas from Roger.

"I can't believe how much Taylor's grown," Lucy grins watching Taylor run past to get to Brian, "She was still a baby the last time I saw her."

"Oh, I know she's growing so quickly. What about you and Rami? How are things going there?"

Lucy glances over to where Rami is talking to Gwilym before leaning into Amelia so no one else can hear, "He's looking into moving over to England, to live with me. I don't know if that means he's going to propose but it was horrible not being able to see each other."

"Yeah, I can imagine. Over a year with no sex or kissing must have been agony," Amelia sips her drink, sniggering mischievously, "I bet last nights reunion was a sweaty one."

"Milly!" Lucy gasps, blushing madly, "That is none of your business."

"Sure, I'm here when you're ready to go shopping for baby clothes." Giggling she leaves Lucy alone joining Adam, Ben, Brian and Roger.

"So when does the next Queen tour start?"

"If everything goes to plan and covid pending, of course, May 2022 we start in Manchester and tour all the way through to July, finishing in Copenhagen," Brian informs. He's anxious to get back to work and travel again, they all are.

"You guys missed touring?" Ben wonders putting Erin down on the grass with her toys, "I know I've missed filming."

"I have," Adam beams, "Getting back to it will be a relief. Feels strange to have had so much time off."

"To actually play again in front of any audience will be great," Roger agrees. Queen music is all about the audience and not having fans there wouldn't feeling right, "That's if they still come."

"Oh they will I'm sure, though someone might have something to say about her grandpa going away for three months," Taylor climbs down from Brian's lap to play with Erin, showing the one-year-old how to build a tower with the building blocks. "You've might have a fellow nature lover on your hands. She's built a hedgehog hotel in the garden with Gwilym's help."

"Good," Brian grins. None of his other grandchildren are interested in nature but he's glad that Taylor is, "We have lots of exploring to do in the garden when they come to stay at the weekend."

"You and Gwilym going away then?" Roger heard her mention something about it before.

"Yes, we're going down to Wales for the weekend."

"Not making baby number four, are you?" Adam teases.

"Not a chance, three is enough," Amelia is back on the pill until Gwilym has the snip.

Looking around the garden Amelia smiles. The Queen family is a big complicated one, apart from those born into the family hard any of them are related by blood and yet the family feeling is so strong.

The original Queen members, the Queen children and grandchildren, Adam, Amelia's friends and the BoRhap cast all tied together as a family. She couldn't ask for better, she'd give anything for her dad to see the Queen family today but something tells her that he is watching this with Jim by his side.

Looking at each of her children and then at her husband, smiling when he meets her eyes.

------

Checking into the hotel, Amelia felt old memories flooding back as they step into their room. It's the exact same room they stayed in on New Year's Eve 17 years ago, "I can't believe it's been over 17 years since I was last here."

Gwilym drops the bags next to the bed and slips his arms around her waist, standing behind her looking out the window overlooking the docks, "Feels like it's gone by in a flash but it also feels like a lifetime ago. Would you change anything?"

"I'd like to say I wouldn't have broken up with you the first time and I wouldn't have got with Michael but then we might not be where we are today. I think us breaking up the first time was a good thing because it solidified our love for each other, we knew it was real. Though I hate what I went through with Michael I might never have had Freddie and he is my world, all three kids are. So no, I wouldn't change a thing."

Getting changed, they leave the hotel hand in hand heading to a nearby restaurant. They enjoy their first child-free date together since they honeymoon, don't get them wrong they love their children to bits but dates like this help keep the romance alive.

"Room for pudding?" Amelia asks him when they finish their main.

The mention of pudding gives Gwilym an idea, "Yes but not here," He pays the bill then he leads her down to the docks. Waiting till she sits on the bench, he tells her to stay where she is and he'll be back.

It's only when Gwilym comes back with an ice cream in each hand that Amelia realised what he's doing, "This is where we sat on our first date," She beams taking her ice cream, mint choc chip of course.

"Correct, do you remember what else? And I'm not talking about the ice cream you shoved in my face."

Laughing, she remembers it well but thinks about his question, "We also had our first kiss here."

Nodding, He leans down, kissing her lips, "I love you," He mutters.

"I love you too," She whispers back, resting her head on his shoulder and eating her ice cream. They watch the sunset, relishing each others company, this is their life and Amelia couldn't ask for better.

Thank you to everyone for reading this story. I'm really sad it is over because it's a story I've had in my mind for the past few years but I'm glad I finally shared it with you guys.

Thank you for all the votes and I've loved every comment, I read all of them and they make my day.

My next book is already underway you'll be glad to hear. It's a Roger Taylor daughter fanfiction called The Original Taylor Daughter, it's going to be quite a sad book but I hope you'll read it and enjoy it.

Keep an eye out, it will be up the first week of June and I'll put an update on here when the first chapter is up. 

Again, thank you so much for reading xx