Audition: Part 2

Knocking on the door Amelia hears a quiet come in and she pushes it open. She closes it again behind her greeting her Uncle with a smile, "Hey Uncle Deaky."

John returns a toothy smile standing to hug her, "This is a nice surprise, does Brian know your here?"

"No, myself, Jessica and Rosie are in London for our ArtsEd audition and we've come on our lunch break. Please don't tell him I have my reasons for being here," She sits on the chair opposite John's.

"Okay, I'm listening," He sighs retaking his chair.

Reaching into her bag she pulls out the letter, "Do you remember the box of letters my dad left me?"

"Of course I remember, what's that got to do with you being here?" He frowns eyeing the letter.

"Well in the box there are also three letters that aren't for me to open. One is for Brian, one is for Roger and another is for you."

His frown deepens looking a little hurt, "Why have you given it to me before?"

"Because all three are to be given them when each of you retires. I know you retired at the beginning of the year but getting it to you without Brian and Roger was difficult which is why you are only receiving it now," They are interrupted when Veronica brings in Amelia's sandwich, "Thank you V."

Once Veronica left John turns back to Amelia, "Why can't the other's now about their letters?"

"Because dad doesn't want them to retire just to get the letter. Like you he wants them to retire when they are ready, so that's why Brian doesn't know I'm here either because I would have to of told him. You won't tell them will you?"

"No, I understand. Is that my letter?" He points to the envelope in her hand. She passes it over then eats her sandwich while he reads it aloud:

Hi Deaky,

It's probably been a while since we let saw each other though I suspect it's not as long as it will be for Brian and Roger. I think you will be the first to retire but I apologise if I'm wrong.

I understand your want to retire, you are a family man. Always have been and probably always will be and now is the time for you to enjoy seeing your wife and children as often as you want, probably an army of grandkids too.

You are an incredible bass player and Queen was lucky to have found you when we did, know that you will be missed, by fans and the Queen family alike. I know you are humble and don't believe that your that good but you are.

I feel that Brian and Roger might carry on after I'm gone, not straight away but in the future maybe. Don't be angry or hate them for it, I hope someone keeps our music alive. I said it to all of you once but I'll say it again. You can do what you like with my music just don't make it boring.

It wasn't until the last year of my life that I wrote this letter and I could already feel you starting to pull away. I get moving out of the public limelight but don't be afraid to stay in touch with the others. I know you all must be hurting after my passing but Queen is still a family and you should stick together.

I said it in my Will but I'll say it again now, look after Milly for me. I'll see you again someday but until then,

All my love

Freddie xx

Tears ran down John's face, "Thank you for bringing me that, Milly."

"I know you won't come back to Queen but will you say in touch? With me at least," She doesn't want to lose him, she may not be as close to John as the others but he's still her family.