Blue Christmas

This is a special chapter so it's an extra-long one, though you will have an update tomorrow this chapter is my Christmas gift to you.

Because Christmas was Freddie's favourite time of year everyone agreed to have one big Queen family Christmas day meal in honour of Freddie. Not wanting to unsettle Amelia by having it a Garden Lodge they'd be having it at Brian's.

Being a vegetarian Brian originally said no to cooking the turkey but when Joe offered to cook it, he misses cooking for people, Brian agreed. If they are doing this in honour of Freddie then there had to be a turkey.

As well as Brian's children joining them in time for lunch the Queen family meal includes Roger and Debbie with Felix, Rory and Rufus. John and Veronica with their four kids, Jim and Joe.

Though Brian did offer, Jer and Bomi are spending Christmas with Kash's family but Amelia would go and see them tomorrow.

It was just Brian, Anita and Amelia for Christmas morning, Brian's children are spending the morning with Chrissie.

Now fully settled into living with Brian and Anita, Amelia bonds into their room at half-past six bouncing on the bed, "It's Christmas! Can we go and see if Santa's been, please, please, please?"

Chuckling Brian pulls her down to lie between them to stop the bouncing, "Who says he's left you any presents?"

"Because Santa leaves presents for all good girls and boys," she stops momentarily looking worried, "I've been a good girl, right?"

"Yes, you have," Anita grins, "Go get your dressing gown and we'll meet you at the top of the stairs." She scampers off the bed leaving the two adults smiling in her wake.

"That was nice to see," Brian murmurs, this is the first time she's acted like a proper child since being here, "I'm worried to give her those gifts from Freddie now."

"You have Brian," Anita paused getting out of bed looking at her partner, "She'd never forgive you if she grew up and then found out about the presents."

"Oh no, of course, I'm going to give them, I'll never go back on my promise but you know what I mean?" He follows suit grabbing his dressing gown.

Anita nods, "I understand. Come on, let's not keep her waiting." She ties her dressing gown around her waist.

In her room, Amelia grabs her dressing gown from the hook on the back of the door before turning to Romeo, "Come on sleepy boy, there's going to be lots of paper and ribbon for you to play with," She scratched behind his ear and he stretching himself out of his ball.

Purring he follows her to the door but she pauses looking back at the photo of her dad next to her bed, "Merry Christmas Daddy," She whispers. When Romeo meows head butting her leg she scoops him up and heads to the stairs.

------

Brian gives Amelia the presents from himself and Anita but keeps the ones from Freddie for later, the will be another round of opening presents after lunch and Roger had told him he wanted to be there when she opens them.

They got her some new books for bedtime, ones Brian knew she would enjoy and that have more than six words to a page, as well as adding to the Disney book collection she already has.

Anita brought her a gorgeous red button-up coat, makes her dark hair stand out beautifully against it. Amelia loved it because she felt like little red riding hood.

Before anyone arrives the three head upstairs to get changed before their guests arrive. Amelia put on a navy blue, long sleeve, Fairisle knit dress with little reindeer's and snowflakes around the collar and reindeer pockets at the bottom.