Prank

After filming live aid they moved on to the beginning of the film. This week revolves around the filming of the early gig scenes and they are on location at an old town hall in Bromley.

Today is also the day that Rami and Amelia are going to give Ben his comeuppance for lying about being able to play the drums. They relayed the message to the first AD that Roger has requested that Ben play the Keep Yourself Alive drum solo in full for filming.

The message quickly reached Ben and everyone knew it, he stormed upstairs to the dressing room quite panicked to his drumming teacher on the phone.

"I'm not doing it," Amelia hears Ben shout standing outside his door.

She knocks on the door and walks in keeping a straight face, "What's going on?"

"Roger has asked that I perform the Keep Yourself Alive drum solo in full for filming. I'm not doing it!" He repeats genuine worry written all over his face.

"You're just going to have to do it," His teacher tells him.

"He's right," She agrees with him, "It's the only request I know of that Roger has personally asked for in the film."

Gulping Ben grabs the drum sticks and heads downstairs Amelia following him. Ben walks past Roger turning white, Amelia stands with Roger and Brian, "What's going on?" Roger throws a worried look at Amelia.

"He's getting his comeuppance for lying. Rami and I asked the first AD to relay the message to Ben that you want him to play the Keep Yourself Alive drum solo in full for filming," She couldn't help the evil grin stretching across her face.

Brian winces feeling for the poor lad, "That's a bit harsh don't you think? It's the hardest solo, even Roger wouldn't have expected him to be able to play that."

A ping of guilt does hit her heart seeing how pale Ben has gone but he shouldn't have lied in the first place, "Are you actually going to make him play?" Roger chuckles watching Ben checks the drum kit over.

"No of course not," Sharing a look with Rami they agree it's gone fair enough to make him learn his lesson, "Ben," She walks over to him, "Relax alright."

His voice starts in a whisper gradually rising to a yell, "That's easy for you to say, you're not about to play an extremely difficultly drum solo in front of the man how created the bloody thing."

She laughs his yell not affecting her one bit, "Neither are you."

He stares at her wonderment, did he hear her right, "What?"

Rami comes over and joins in, "Your not playing the solo either, but I hope it's helped you learn your lesson not to lie about something like that again."

"But Roger...?"

"Roger didn't send that message I did," Rami laughs, "Though Roger does know you couldn't play the drums. Amelia let it slip when he told her you were cast."

"Oh thank god I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack," The relief on his face said it all, "But wait he knew and I still got cast?"

"It took some convincing on my part because I know your a good actor, just don't do it again," She warns him and they get on with filming.

------

To say that Gwilym is nervous is the understatement of the century, they are filming the meeting with John Reid scene but that's not the reason he's nervous.

No, he's nervous because Amelia is bringing Freddie to set today and he's worried the boy won't like him.

"What if he doesn't like me?" Gwilym thinks aloud sat in the trailer area, none of them are in costume yet so they can meet Freddie naturally.