Award Shows

I was going to do an individual chapter for each award show but I didn't have enough content to make the chapters big enough. So this chapter is will be mostly of the Golden Globes with mentions of the Baftas and the Oscars.

6th January 2019

Allen and Jessica's wedding took place two days before the Golden Globe awards, in L.A. But Amelia hadn't been entirely pleased that Freddie couldn't come with them.

It's not Allen and Jessica's fault, he was invited to the wedding but the school wouldn't allow Freddie's parents to take him out of school. So sadly the little boy had to stay at home with Rory looking after him.

The evening after the wedding, Amelia was fast asleep when Gwilym gently shook her shoulder, "Sorry to wake you love but Brian needs you in the meeting."

He helps her stand leading her down the hotel corridor to Brian's room.

"So what do you need me for?" Amelia yawns, rubbing her tired eyes stood in the room. She'd care more about the fact that she's only in Gwilym's shirt, some shorts and got bed hair if it wasn't for the fact that it is half-past ten at night.

Brian, Roger and Miami called a last-minute 'band' meeting two hours ago to which Gwilym, Ben, Lucy, Rami and Joe are also present.

"We're sorry to wake you," Miami apologises, "but as you know Bohemian Rhapsody has been nominated for two awards. If we win either..."

"When," Amelia butts in. She's confident they're going to win.

Brian smiles rolling his eyes, "Right, when we win Rami will, of course, collect his award for best actor but we need someone to collect the Best Motion Picture award and give a short speech."

"That should be you and Roger surely, if not then Miami or Graham?" She gives up on standing, perching on the arm of the sofa beside Gwilym.

Gwilym pulls her onto his lap, arms around her waist, "That was the original plan but Graham suggested it should be you. You were on set just as much as we were, Brian called the meeting to get the other's opinions on the idea."

"You did more than just be on set with us," Rami grins bumping her shoulder, "You gave us all a flood of information, you were available 24/7 when we had questions and you helped us all feel welcome."

Roger picks up the conversation, "The role you had on screen was only a small one, Milly, but behind scenes, you were the biggest part of the crew."

Blushing, Amelia feels like they're being a bit over the top, "If you guys are sure, then okay."

------

"Babe!" Amelia shouts from the bedroom. She got no reply but heard a thud and running footsteps.

Gwilym shot into the room looking like he'd have a heart attack, "What? What's wrong? Is it the baby?"

"What no," She chuckles seeing the relief on his face, "You don't need to be worrying about that until I'm at least 34 weeks. I'd sound a lot more worried if the baby was coming."

She gestures to the back of her dress, "Can you do my dress up, please? I can't reach the zip."

"Oh yeah, course," He shook away his worry. He moves around her, pushing her hair out the way and pulls the zip up, leaning down to kiss the warm skin on the back of her neck.

Watching him through the mirror the worry lines are set firm on his face, "What's wrong, Gwil?" She turns to look at him, arms around his shoulders, running her fingers through his hair soothingly.