Best Surprises

After the new year, Amelia took some time for herself, time to heal and spend proper time with her family. She went on holiday with Brian and Anita to Tenerife. They come back a few days before her birthday and she felt a lot happier and ready to get back to work.

Since it was nearly her birthday she stayed at Brian's for a few days instead of going back to the flat. The morning of her 19th birthday she woke to Anita tapping at her door telling her to come downstairs, apparently, they have a surprise for her.

"What's the surprise then?" She yawns entering the kitchen, Brian turns around and she can't contain her squeal.

In his hold is a fluffy Ragdoll/Persian mix kitten, much like Tiffany but white all over with grey nose, ears, paws, tail and icy blue eyes.

"Happy birthday Milly," Brian settles the fluffy creature in her arms, "He needs a name."

"He's mine?"

"Of course he's yours," Anita chuckles, "We thought about getting you a cat from Christmas but we thought it was a bit too soon."

"Thank you. Oh, you are so cute," She fusses behind his ears making him purr loudly, "But what to call you?"

"Think while you're eating your breakfast," Brian suggests.

Amelia on her chair her new buddy curled up on her lap as she tries out a few names for size, "Rainbow?"

"He's a boy," Anita points out.

She tuts, "Jellybean?"

"Maybe," Brian shrugs.

"Simba?" Amelia screws her nose up after saying it, "No you don't look like a Simba. Oh, I know, what about Pancake?"

Brian laughs, "You can't call him Pancake."

"Why not?" She scowls feeling offended but his laugh.

"Because... do you really want to be shouting that out the window when you're calling him back in?"

She sighs thinking he might have a point, "Shame he's not a girl I could have called him Queenie."

"What about Prince?" Anita suggests trying to be helpful, "Sticking along the same lines."

"Ooo... I like that idea. What do you think hum? Do you like that name?" She lifts him up to look at his face and he meows, "I think Prince suits you, good thinking mum, mission accomplished."

Brian smiles with a bit of sadness behind his eyes, she sounded so much like Freddie at that moment taking on her dads adoration for cats.

Amelia managed to finish her breakfast quietly before her phone goes off, lifting Prince off her lap she sets him on her chair and grabs her phone off the kitchen counter. The screen shows unknown number but that's not uncommon for her, especially after auditions.