A Baby Boom

Sorry I'm late guys, this chapter is very bitty.

On the 16th of June, Amelia and Gwilym received a morning wake up call from an emotional Ben, announcing that Brianna gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Erin Jones, born at 10.55pm on the 15th of June 2020.

They're sad that their families and friends can't go and meet her but they're happy she's here and healthy.

A week after they got to meet Erin via zoom. "Oh, she's so sweet," Amelia beams, admiring the baby girl in Brianna's hold, "I can't wait to have a hold."

Ben grins, looking up from his daughter, "As soon as she's had all her initial injections, we're hoping you won't mind us popping over for a garden visit? Around the end of July probably."

"Only if your sure," Gwilym assures them. He doesn't want them to feel pressured and put the baby at risk.

"We need to get out of the house." Despite only being at the hospital Brianna was glad for the change of scenery, even if she was in labour. "We're going to do the same with Ben's mum, my mum will have to wait sadly."

"How's Frankie with her?" Brianna mentioned in her past facetime chat with Amelia that Frankie was glued to her side during the pregnancy, especially after her scare early on. The same way Prince and Queenie had been when Amelia was pregnant.

"Oh, Frankie adores her. She's become a proper guard dog, never more than a few yards from Erin," Ben chuckles moving the camera to see Frankie lay at Brianna's side.

------

The end of July came around quickly. Though many know the relaxation of the covid rules will probably result in a second lockdown, most are taking the freedom while they can.

Brianna and Ben came over as they said they would Erin and Frankie with them. Taylor loves playing with Frankie while Amelia enjoys cuddles with Erin, "Does she cry much? How are you finding everything?"

"The first two weeks were overwhelming but we're getting there now. She wakes twice in the night and only cries when she's hungry or needs changing after that she's a content baby."

"A daddy's girl?" Amelia teases making Ben blush. She lets Gwilym take her for a hold.

"Oh completely," Brianna giggles, switching the subject. "We wanted to ask you two if you'd be her godparents?"

"Absolutely," Gwilym smiles.

"We'd love to be her godparents. Taylor, do you want to come and meet Erin," Taylor's never seen a baby before so Amelia is curious to see how she'll react.

Taylor comes over to see the baby in her dad's arms, takes one look then goes back to play with Frankie. Well, it could have gone worse.

------

Two weeks after meeting Erin, Joe and Rosie sent out a message wanting to facetime everyone. With the latest lockdown restrictions lifted Amelia and Gwilym were able to take Freddie and Taylor to the zoo since it's the summer holidays.

They'd been at the zoo when they got that message so the facetime had to wait till they got home but once Taylor is down for her afternoon nap and Freddie is playing in his room, they text to say they're ready.

"So what's this news?" Lucy asks once everyone has joined.

"Rosie and I have an announcement to make," Joe grins obviously excited to share it.

Rosie beams leaning into her husbands hold, "Yes, we're having a baby."

"I knew it," Amelia laughs, Rosie settled well in New York with Joe. They're happy together and the group knew it wouldn't be long till they announced a baby.