Fathering Sunday

Happy Birthday to Rami Malek, you are the reason I became obsessed with Queen.

The sound of Taylor cooing is what woke Amelia that morning. Yawning she slips out of Gwilym's hold and pads over to the crib at the end of their bed.

Also at the end of their bed is Queenie, lying so she can look over the crib. Queenie is what Taylor is cooing at reaching her hands up for Queenie's tail.

"Good morning sweet girl," Amelia lifts her out of the crib settling her against her chest.

Taylor is a month and a half old, after bringing her home from the hospital Amelia and Gwilym adjusted very quickly to having a newborn in the house. The rest of the family love her and Freddie loves having a little sister.

"Were you trying to grab Queenie's tail?" She hums sitting next to the cat, she takes Taylor's hand and brushes it along Queenie's back.

Taylor's coos some more before bringing her fist to her mouth, gumming at her hand, "Are you ready for breakfast? Come on then, let's get your bottle then we'll come back."

Heating up the bottle in the kitchen, they then come back upstairs and Amelia sits back against the headboard settling Taylor in her arms letting her drink from the bottle.

After she finished feeding, Amelia decides that Gwilym has slept long enough so who better to wake him up than his own daughter. Lying Taylor on her tummy on top of Gwilym's chest, she watches ready to catch Taylor should Gwilym move.

Amelia expected Taylor to just cuddles into his chest, and she does for the most part but after a few minutes, she lifts her head and hand reaching out to touch Gwilym's beard cooing at the rough feeling.

A smile spreads across Gwilym's lips, it goes without saying that even at this young age Taylor is a daddy's girl and Gwilym is a smitten dad. He wraps his hands around his daughter, kissing her cheek.

The trio is joined moments later by Freddie and Prince. "Happy Father's day dad," Freddie barrels into the room and climbs under the covers between his mum and dad, passing Gwilym his card.

With Taylor's birth, Amelia feared that Gwilym might recoil when it came to Freddie, Taylor being his biological daughter and Freddie only his stepson but it's actually made Gwilym a better dad towards Freddie.

Before Taylor, Gwilym would often stand back letting Amelia take the lead when it comes to looking after Freddie or telling him off if he's done something he shouldn't but now he's fully hands-on cuddles, kisses, warning Freddie when he needs to, which isn't very often and being a proper father figure instead of a buddy.

Gwilym sits up properly keeping Taylor in his hold reaching for the card from Freddie, "Hold on, don't open it yet let me get the presents," Amelia stops him and climbs out of bed grabbing a card, a gift bag and a gift box from a box in the wardrobe.

She sits back on the bed and Gwilym frowns, "Blimey Mills, how much did you...?"

"No, I won't hear it, this is your first father's day. We're allowed to spoil you," She smiles pecking his lips. "Freddie's present will come later when we're at my parents."

Freddie gives him the card and then Amelia gives him the gift bag, "This is just from Taylor."

Gwilym opens the card and then the present, inside is a few classic father's day gifts including a keyring that says I'll always be your little girl, you'll always be my hero!

"Thank you, Taylor," He kisses his daughter's head.

"This is from Freddie and Taylor," Amelia hands the box over. Inside is the bracelet she gave to her dad on father's day all those years ago. Her name has been removed from the back leaving it blank but the same message remains on the front World's Best Dad xx "Is this the bracelet I gave to my dad back in 1986."