New York

October 2019

It was evident from the first time Freddie went on a plane that he inherited his mums fear of flying, Taylor however, takes after her dad and loves it.

Despite only being five months old, she slept through the entire flight including take-off and landing, with her only crying once when she got hungry mid-flight.

They are in New York for Joe and Rosie's wedding and they're staying at Amelia's apartment with Ben and Brianna, saving them wasting money on a hotel.

"Evening Charlie," Amelia greets when he comes out to the taxi to help with the bags, "Good to see you again."

Charlie beams, he's getting on in years he still attends to his duties as a doorman, "A pleasure as always, Miss Mercury. Your family has grown since you were last here."

"Yes, it has. This is my husband, Gwilym." Gwilym smiles, shaking the older man's hand.

"Oh, then I'm wrong in calling Miss Mercury."

"Not to worry, a lot has changed but it's Mercury-Lee now." Amelia takes Taylor's car seat and Freddie's hand, "This is my son, Freddie and my daughter, Taylor. Then these are our friends, Ben and Brianna." She points to the second taxi just pulling up.

"I'll inform the other doormen so they're not stopped during your stay," Charlie grabs a luggage trolley to save Ben and Gwilym struggling with the many bags.

"Thank you," Gwilym sighs in relief, dumping the bags on. Travelling light is not on the cards when you have a five-month-old baby.

"Wow, this place is a mansion in itself," Ben's jaw drops when they reach the apartment, "You said you have another place in Germany and Switzerland too?"

"Just the flat Switzerland now. The house in Germany has been sold," It was sold a few months ago and Amelia is glad to be rid of the place.

After showing them to their room, Gwilym puts Freddie to bed while Amelia settles Taylor before going to bed themselves.

It was around midnight when Amelia woke, needing a drink of water. Slipping from Gwilym's hold, he stirs, "Where are you going?"

"To get a glass of water," She kisses his cheek, "Go back to sleep, babe."

Entering the kitchen, she's surprised to find Brianna also getting a drink sat at the counter in her own little world, "You alright, Brie?"

"Yeah, just thirsty," The redhead smiles sleepily. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," Amelia fills her glass sitting across from her.

"How did you know you were pregnant?"

Amelia knew something was bothering her friend, "With Freddie, my early symptoms were I couldn't keep certain foods down, I had little energy and I was constantly bloated. With Taylor, I had horrible headaches and migraines, sickness and again I had very little energy. Why you think you might be?"

Brianna nods, sipping her water, "I've been having the same dream for the past week, of me playing in a field with a little girl, the spitting image of Ben. Then my mouth keeps filling with excess spit and the last two mornings I've struggled to keep my breakfast down."

"Have you said anything to Ben?"

"No, not until it's confirmed I don't want to get his hopes up and for him to be disappointed. It must be early days because I had my last cycle but this one is nearly a week late." Brianna puts her glass in the sink.

"Then you need to take a test. I tell you what, it won't hurt for Gwilym to watch the kids in the morning. We'll make the excess that we're going to buy some food for the week you can buy a test and take it there, if it's positive then you need to tell Ben." Amelia fills her glass again and follows her towards the bedrooms.