Pandemic

So not many chapters left now guys. The last few chapters will contain the pandemic, if I get any of the information wrong, I'm sorry but I kind of forgot most of what happened in the first lockdown.

January 2020

Amelia is in L.A. for the premiere of Dolittle, she's getting ready while talking to Gwilym on facetime. He takes note of the dress his wife is wearing, it's different from her usual style, "I've never seen you wear a long sleeve dress, it looks good though."

"You think so?" She stands back giving him a full view of her outfit.

"It's quite cold here today so I'm glad I choose long sleeves, but it's not one of Brianna's, it's a different designer

"It's quite cold here today so I'm glad I choose long sleeves, but it's not one of Brianna's, it's a different designer. Brie's taking some time away from work to focus on herself, did Ben tell you that they had a scare the other day with the baby?" The doctor's confirmed Brianna's pregnancy, she's now 15 weeks along, putting her due date at the 30th of June.

A few days ago Ben rushed Brianna to the hospital after she experienced sharp pains in her abdomen, the baby is fine and so is Brianna but the doctors have asked her to take it easy during the rest of her pregnancy and little to no work.

"Yeah, he called me yesterday sounding stressed." Gwilym feels for Ben, he'd been worried enough about Amelia when she was pregnant without any complications on top. He can't imagine his friends worry.

A knock on her hotel door pulls her away to answer it. She lets Rami in then Gwilym continues, "The news of this bloody virus in China isn't helping anyone either. Hey Rami."

Rami grins returning the greeting, "Afternoon Gwil, let's hope the virus stays in China. You ready to go Mills?"

"Yes." She turns to grab her phone from its propped up position, "I've got to go but my flight home is tomorrow so I'll see you at the airport. Love you."

"I'll be there. I love you too," He hangs up and she puts the phone in her bag.

------

March 2020

Sadly Rami's words didn't work, the virus from China, now named the coronavirus, has spread. Cases in the UK have reached over 200 and several deaths.

Amelia was picking Freddie up from school when his teacher come over looking worried, "Can I have a quick word Mrs Mercury-Lee?"

"Of course. Has Freddie done something wrong?" She looks down seeing Freddie shaking his head.

"No, not at all, Freddie is one of my best students. No, the headteacher has asked all teachers to have word with any parents we can get a hold of. As you know this Coronavirus pandemic has resulted in several school closures across England and it's becoming increasingly likely that this school will close like all others at the end of this week on the 20th of March."