"Jack just stop, ok? He's nothing more than a friend. I think you're just jealous."

"Me? Jealous? I don't think so."

"Whatever you say, tough guy."

"Whatever, can we at least be friends?" Jack asks laughing.

"Yeah, I'd like that."

"Oh and I'm sorry for the way I acted on our first date. I told you that you weren't like other girls, and I ended up treating you the same way I treated them. I'm sorry."

"It's ok Jack. I forgive you."

"Alright well, let's head back to the party."

"Ok."

Jack grabs my hand and leads me back into the house.

"I'm going to go look for Sam" Jack says.

"Ok, I'll just hang out here."

Jack walks away and leaves me standing in the middle of the kitchen. I'm surrounded by drunk idiots. I decide to grab a drink.

"Well hello again" Nate says smirking.

"Hey Nate! What's up?"

"Not much gorgeous. What are you doing alone at a party full of guys?"

"Well, right now I'm getting a drink and I'm talking to a very cute guy from Omaha."

"Oh really? Do I know this stud?"

"You might" I say smiling.

"Well what's this cute guy like?"

"I don't really know him yet. I do see a couple tattoos, and I know he has some pretty cool friends."

"Wow, he sounds oddly familiar" he says winking at me.

All of a sudden I hear Sam and Jack yelling at each other from the living room.

*Jack's POV*

I find Sam sitting on the living room couch sucking on some girl's face.

"Sam, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"For sure bro, what's up?"

"I just talked to Alyssa, we're all good now."

"All good as in, back together?"

"No, all good, as in, we cleared things up and now we're just friends."

"Oh, well I'm sorry bro."

"It's cool. Sam I need to ask you something."

"Ok, what?"

"Do you like Alyssa?"

"Who's asking?"

"Are you serious right now?"

"What? Did she say something?"

"No you idiot, she didn't have to. I know you well enough to know when you're flirting with a girl."

"Alright, listen bro. Alyssa may have forgiven you, but I haven't" Sam starts to say.

"Dude, what the hell? I thought you were my friend?" I ask.

"I am, but I'm also Alyssa's friend and I don't want to see her get hurt. I know you Jack, and I know that you're not capable of being in a relationship. I'm glad you and Alyssa are friends, but that's all you can be. She doesn't need someone like you screwing up her life."