“Kill 'em, Wolf.” Ian nods at his friend's words. “Are you coming, Violet?” I find I don't want to go. I want to kiss Ian's lips one more time, wish him good luck.

“Wait for her outside. She'll be out in a moment.” Ian says looking into my eyes. They leave us.

“C'mere.” He whispers. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. He does the same to my waist and just hugs me to him. “This will be over quickly. Don't worry.” It may seem ridiculous to you that I am this scared, but I dread that I will have to see him get hurt.

“Good luck, Knight. I'll be screaming for you, okay?” He chuckles into my neck, brushing a kiss there.

“Yes, you will.” I pull back and try to look angry, but he quickly brings my lips to his and fists his hands in my hair, angling my head to kiss me deeper. “I needed that.” He says, as I squeeze his biceps to stay on my feet. There is a knock at the door.

“I will be right in the seat where you wanted me, okay? I have to go now.” I whisper, kissing him one more time and turning away from him to open the door. Carl walks in.

“Don't speak to anyone, Violet!” Ian warns, causing Carl to bark “Warm up, you prick.” Ian glares in return. I laugh at their exchange.

“Stay with Mike at all times.” Ian says as I am about to leave the room. I turn and give him a smile.
“I'll be fine, warm up, will you?.” He tries to come after me, but Carl stops him and I close the door. I quickly start moving into the massive crowd. I survey the place, but don't find Ava, Nova or Mike. I decide to go to the packed bar that takes up nearly half of one of the huge concrete walls.

I sit in a stool and grab my cellphone.

I'm at the bar. How do I get to you guys?

I press send. I get a message, but it's not from him.

After the fight, go home.

Ian's message sends curiosity and hurt through me. Go home?

“Can I get you anything, beautiful?” A young bartender asks. I shake my head.

“No, thank you..” He nods and moves to the person next to me. I feel somebody bump into me, so hard I almost fall off my stool. I look behind me, wide-eyed.

“Forgive me, darling.” A man says in a thick English accent. His handsome features go from shocked and worried to pleased in a second.

“It's okay.” I reassure with a smile. He has salt and pepper hair and a very nice built.
“I am sorry to trouble you, but could you ask your waiter for my drink as well? I have been waiting for a while now.” I smile, completely charmed by the flush creeping up his cheeks and nod.

“What would you like?” I ask him, with a sincere smile.

“I'm easy, really.” He shrugs. Another waiter makes his way to me, seeing I have nothing to drink.

“Would you like anything?” I nod.

“Scotch on the rocks?” I ask the man. He nods, and I look at he waiter. “Please.” He nods and with a smirk he's off to get the order.

“You're quite the lady, you are.” I laugh at his tone. “Would you forgive my intrusion if I asked if you are here alone?” He asks, thanking the waiter for his drink as it is placed in front if him.

“I'm not alone. I just decided to wait here for my friend. I don't do crowds like that alone.” I explain with a shrug. He nods, tasting the scotch.

“Well, I will leave you to it, then.” He says, searching his dress pants for his wallet, I assume. He looks extremely out of place in his suite. I open my mouth to protest, but he has already put money on the table. Too much money for a water and scotch.